Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today, Got my New Tundra after trading my Hummer in, tundra much bigger & powerful.

I have a Limited Crewmax in Silver, Very Nice, Very Impressed.

Antway of hetting better gas mileage?

Air filter maybe or is that just perfomance based?

Mike

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
Just joined today, Got my New Tundra after trading my Hummer in, tundra much bigger & powerful.

I have a Limited Crewmax in Silver, Very Nice, Very Impressed.

Antway of hetting better gas mileage?

Air filter maybe or is that just perfomance based?

Mike
First of all congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!!!
The stock Tundra exhaust system is restricting and causes back pressure thus creating an inefficiency. I wasn't sure of this till I installed an aftermarket exhaust (Banks Monster Exhaust) and saw the mileage difference for myself. My only concern with doing an intake on top of an exhaust is that creating more air intake may bring some of the back pressure back. I've actually heard complaints about worse mileage after adding both intake and exhaust!:eek: The Banks system actually uses a larger diameter exhaust tube than some other systems to compensate this. Enough of my preaching, enjoy your truck and enjoy your new ride. Just make sure to share equal time with your wife! Hahaha!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

I really love this truck, I had a 06 Tacoma TRD for a short time and wanted a Hummer so got one, then found it was not for me, need a truck. IM BACK.
First question, I would like a solid billet grill, who & where?
second question, is it worth doing an exhaust or an intake (or both) as i have been reading it seems that gas mileage may get worse if both are done?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I really love this truck, I had a 06 Tacoma TRD for a short time and wanted a Hummer so got one, then found it was not for me, need a truck. IM BACK.
First question, I would like a solid billet grill, who & where?
second question, is it worth doing an exhaust or an intake (or both) as i have been reading it seems that gas mileage may get worse if both are done?
Welcome and enjoy the MAX.Nice pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts