Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New here from Louisana. I have been driving an F150 for the past nine years and its been a darn good truck; however, it's now time to get a new one and I am pretty sure I have narrowed it down to the Tundra. I drove everything , trying to keep an open mind, but the incentives on the Tundra, the ride, the friggin power of the 5.7l and the RESALE value have led me to the Tundra as my truck of choice.

I am pretty confused about the SR5, TRD and other packages, but have posted a question on the General Discussion board so hopefully some folks will straighten me out.

I will probably buy new with all the incentives that are being offered, but I am always open to a late model deal on a 5.7l, 4x4 Crew max if anybody knows of one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
hey bud, Im over your way fishing the rigolets pretty often. My friend just bought his tundra from toyota of slidell for 26k after rebates ( 2011 5.7l sr5 ).

You wont regret getting the tundra

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello all,

New here from Louisana. I have been driving an F150 for the past nine years and its been a darn good truck; however, it's now time to get a new one and I am pretty sure I have narrowed it down to the Tundra. I drove everything , trying to keep an open mind, but the incentives on the Tundra, the ride, the friggin power of the 5.7l and the RESALE value have led me to the Tundra as my truck of choice.

I am pretty confused about the SR5, TRD and other packages, but have posted a question on the General Discussion board so hopefully some folks will straighten me out.

I will probably buy new with all the incentives that are being offered, but I am always open to a late model deal on a 5.7l, 4x4 Crew max if anybody knows of one.

Thanks!
Welcome from Baton Rouge. I grew up in the Dell.... graduated from PJP in 97. Drove a F150 for 15 years, then switched the Tundra one year ago. Crew max, 5.7, 4x4. I am glad i made the switch. My dad works for Toyota of Slidell.

·
Registered
286 Posts
hey bud, Im over your way fishing the rigolets pretty often. My friend just bought his tundra from toyota of slidell for 26k after rebates ( 2011 5.7l sr5 ).

You wont regret getting the tundra
I grew up in Eden Isles, and fished the Rigolets every weekend. Beautiful area....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thinking of selling mine, but it is a 4x4 Limited. KBB is not even close to 26 grand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sears,

Any chance you can connect me to your bud that got the good deal? I lived in Slidell till Katrina and then got forced to relocate to the other side of the state. I am now in Deridder. It's different, but not too bad, but do wish I was back in Slidell.

Hogslayerz,

Could your dad give me the straight scoop on pricing? I have a Ford now and it has been a great truck, but with right at 200k on it it's time for a new ride. Ford is too proud of the their trucks these days and the Tundra has a higher resale value to I am going to get a Tundra.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
Welcome to TT. Lake Chuckie hear.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome from baton rouge!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
another welcome from baton rouge. didnt realize that there were several people from the area on the forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts