Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the 2022 Toyota Tundra build & price page goes live, what sort of pricing breakdown should we expect to see? Someone here mentioned $70-75k for a top spec model which while ridiculous, sure seems like something Toyota would do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Well eight months ago I researched what new truck I would purchase as my Tundra is ten years old. I purchased my first Toyota truck in 1990 and have had a new one every ten years. This time Toyota doesn’t have anything I was interested in. So I looked at 3/4 and 1 ton diesels they even drive nice now. I priced them comparable optioned and the Ford and Ram were $75,000 Chevy was $70,000. I could not stomach the idea of parting with that much cash, knowing none of these trucks from the big 3 would be as reliable as my ten year old Tundra. So I decided to keep my old Tundra, spruce it up a bit with a supercharger and ARBs. I will keep my cash in the mutual funds making money. Yesterday I priced the diesels and an Airstream . I eight months since I priced them they had all gone up $5,000. So, seeing a new Tundra at this price range would not surprise me. My 2010 Limited cost more new than a 2010 diesel when year end discounts were applied to the Big 3 trucks. If they were moderately priced with a Limited or Platinum not getting into the $60,000 range Toyota would see a lot of first time Toyota buyers buying their trucks, money talks. When pricing is the same across the 1/2 tons people stick with their choice brand. Give the truck buying public a financial reason to change and they will.

Reactions: Joe Watson
1 - 2 of 2 Posts