Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 18 Platinum today and it’s already going back to the dealer for service. Was driving down the interstate and trailer brake error, cruise control malfunction, and pre-collision system malfunction messages came on.

I also noticed that th front bumper cover is not off and not lined correctly on the passenger side.

Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hmmmm....

Perhaps they just need to flash the software to put it right. Let us know how it goes.

We're headed out to find a new SUV for the wife this weekend. We're replacing a 10 year old Highlander; this will be our first foray into the new world of all the safety stuff, and I'm not real keen on it. We'll be looking at Subaru, Toyota, and Honda. Lady at church had her Subaru locked firmly in place a few weeks back as the brakes activated in the middle of the parking lot as she came to full stop; the brakes wouldn't release. That vehicle was under a recall for the issue. I think her son got the vehicle to move by disconnecting the battery cable and reattaching it after a bit.

Truth is that most of the functions on vehicles today are controlled electronically. Even my old 2000 Tundra had a throttle position sensor vice a traditional cable from the gas pedal to the throttle body. But with the new safety systems linked into the braking system, appears that brakes are "fly by wire" these days as well.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I can't see any of the photos you linked from photobucket.
But I have had issues with the pre-collision warning system.
Too long to repeat, so have a look @ this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The service department is saying it’s the yaw sensor. The problem is that the part is on backorder. This makes me believe that its happening a lot. Instead of waiting on the part, the have decided to bring in another truck for me. New truck should be in tomorrow and the a couple more days for the tube steps and paint protection film to be added since these weren’t installed from factory like my original one.

Side note, I think the new Toyota safety sense design in the front grill emblem is a bad design. I’ve been driving around a 18 Tundra SR double cab as a loaner and found that even rain can cause the adaptive cruise control not to work. It told me to clean off the sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went in this morning to pick up my replacement Tundra. They brought in a black one from another dealer in the state. Unfortunately there was a small scratch on the fender. The detail shop couldn’t buff it so they said it would have to go to the body shop. The service manager tried to tell me it’s not a big deal and that it won’t hurt the finish. The scratch is small, about two inches long but deep enough were your finger nail could catch it. I told them I wasn’t okay with compound polishing the clear enough to remove the scratch. So I told them I didn’t want the black one and that I would wait until my Sky Silver one gets fixed. This could take awhile..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pre Collision System Malfuntion

I am also having this issue with my 2018 SR5 Crew Max. I don't get the PCS Malfunction warning like in your pictures. I just the the orange warning light by the speedometer. I have 350 miles on my truck now so i'm sure i won't get offered a new one like you did. I have service appointment for Monday morning and i will see how this goes.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Any more info on this TSS recall?

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I had a software flash yesterday. It was for Airbag ECU. It doesn't mention any of the safety sense items.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
So, you think this will fix the PCA problems?

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Mine went off this afternoon. So still not fixed. I may be forced to put the stock
suspension back on to prove one way or the other.

·
Bah! Humbug!
181 Posts
Mine went off this afternoon. .
mine went off also, egg timer that is, perfectly cooked each time every time....mmmm mmmm good perfectly cooked eggs
@StevenD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.