Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Brand new tundra owner, my first import over domestic.

Here's my initial plans:

3/1 leveling kit, new tires. I am not sure of size for tires. I want AT over mud because I still do a lot of city driving. I am not a huge "NEED A 10" LIFT" kind of guy. What size can I put on 3/1 leveling kit and does anyone have any pictures? I was thinking Otoyo Open Country AT II 35" but not sure if I'd get any tire rub.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
:welcome:

I wouldn't consider the Tundra an import, though.

Reactions: 99Tank

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
congrats on the new tundra, i also always had american trucks and now love and own a tundra. so happy with it.
Ill try to answer some of your questions. yes you can run 35s with just a 3/1 leveling kit, the key will be your back spacing/offset to avoid rubbing, also some minor removal of the front mud flap. As far as what rim to run search though the rim and tire section many guys on here have a 3/1 with 35s with pics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found that thread that you posted. Sorry. I should have looked.

I just have stock rims right now. I am going to slowly build it up, as doing a leveling kit / new wheels / new tires all in one go is pretty expensive haha.

So, I will be removing the mud flaps as I will be going to fenderflares in the coming months. No issues there. Nice looking trucks so far in this thread. Can't wait for mine to start looking like this.

Should I seriously look at a different wheel then instead of the stock 18s? I assume I would need at least a 20mm offset to get some of the bigger 35s in there. And I imagine the stock wheel doesn't have that! Advice?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an LRO 3/1 lift and am running 285/75/18 Toyo MT...I have rubbing near full lock. It isn't that bad and is noticed more while in reverse. Good luck and enjoy picking your new wheels out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts