Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just purchased an 08 Tundra SR5 TRD and would like some help with getting more HP, more torque, more of a "throaty" exhaust, nerf bar suggestions, etc... that will help me make this truck "my own". Please let me know any suggestions you have. I've seen good and bad on the ebay chips, filters, etc... and would like someone to just shoot straight with me. I'm in Texas and would like to make this truck stand out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Congrats on your new Tundra ! As far as exhaust there are many Guys on this forum that have different opinions. I went with the TRD dual exhaust. Its not real loud but when you gun it, it sounds great. I aslo went with the TRD cold air intake. Its got a real deep throaty sound when you nail it. As far a chip, Ill bump that for someone'e help. I dont have one. Happy shopping and congrats.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Main exhausts, Zoomers, Gibson, Flowmaster, Borla, TRD, Corsa, Local shop, etc.

Main intakes, Volant, K&N, Airaid, TRD

Best way to make it stand out: SUPERCHARGER!!!!

All of the above have vehicle specific applications. I am personally going to do Flowmaster exhaust, Supercharger, and N-Fab steps.

You can also do a 6" procomp stage 2 lift to make it stand out even more, then you would have to also do wheel/tire.

Hope this helps, welcome to the site, and congratualtions on the new ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts