Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Guys,

I recently bought myself a 13' Magnetic Gray 5.7 DC 4X4 Tundra. I'm currently stationed in Astoria, OR and in the Coast Guard. So far I am loving the Tundra. I just ordered some N-Fab Textured Cab length step bars from SVcustoms (great price!) and I got in my G-Tek black door sill protectors in a few days ago. I'll post pictures once do the install.

I have been reading the forums a lot lately, and I am planning to do a plasti dip on the chrome grill surround and the center Toyota symbol in the next week or two. Besides that I'm planning to put in a Line-X liner in the back and then I want to move onto some sort of suspension / wheels and tires without breaking the bank.

Anyhow, I'll post pictures of my truck following the install of the N-Fabs and the G-Teks.

Kyle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kyle--welcome to the forum. I'm AD AF stationed out in Spokane, WA, but I'm from Long Beach, WA so I come back that way every few months (when I'm not deployed like I am now).

Did you get your new truck from Lums or did you go into Portland and get a decent deal? I've noticed Lums is generally overpriced and doesn't budge on price much since most people are too lazy to go to Portland for a day to get a better deal. Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-Bryce,

I bought it from Lums. I ended up paying 31,500 out the door with title and tax (and you know how that can be in OR). I got 2,500 in rebates at 0% interest. I know I could have saved a bit more by playing off the dealers but the price was right in line with USAA's buying service so I was pretty happy.

-Kyle

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
-Bryce,

I bought it from Lums. I ended up paying 31,500 out the door with title and tax (and you know how that can be in OR). I got 2,500 in rebates at 0% interest. I know I could have saved a bit more by playing off the dealers but the price was right in line with USAA's buying service so I was pretty happy.

-Kyle
Tax? Oregon has no sales tax and some of the lowest tag and title fees in the country but either way that is a great price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
-Bryce,

-Kyle
Glad to hear you got a pretty good deal on your truck. That's obviously an SR5 package then too, right?

Sometimes it pains me to think about how much I paid for my 08 18 months ago...exactly what you paid for your 13 just now. Granted, mine's a CM LTD 4x4 in Nautical Blue (which at the time was a real tough thing to find and I don't regret what I paid for it for a second).

Unfortunately I had to have things that only the Limited offered w/out me having to heavily modify everything on my own, otherwise I would have been happy getting a CM RW for the same price (and 2 years newer, too).

I'll be out that way mid-September, hopefully you'll be around so we can compare...trucks, that is. It's been a while since I've been on that Coast Guard Station (over a decade by now). What's the name of it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bryce,

Yea, it was a SR5. There were a few little things added including a convenice package and towing package. I think the unit you are thinking of is Cape Disapointment, however I am actually stationed on one of the ships out here. Its crazy, how ever since I bought my truck I have started looking into mods. Its crazy how expensive things start to get once you figure in a Lift/Leveling Kit, Wheels and Tires and other mods. I think my wife is about to kill me.

Right now I have been digging through the forums trying to make some decisions as to how I want to go about modding the truck. I can't decide between a OME 614 lift with CB Shackles, or a Zone 5 suspension, then I see how cheap a 3/1 can be (even through I know I would probably end up regretting it later) and I have to go back to the drawing board. Honestly I am trying to put in a Line-X, Rims, Wheels and a Lift for 3,000 and I don't think I'll be able to swing it.

-Kyle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bryce,

Yea, it was a SR5. There were a few little things added including a convenice package and towing package. I think the unit you are thinking of is Cape Disapointment, however I am actually stationed on one of the ships out here. Its crazy, how ever since I bought my truck I have started looking into mods. Its crazy how expensive things start to get once you figure in a Lift/Leveling Kit, Wheels and Tires and other mods. I think my wife is about to kill me.

Right now I have been digging through the forums trying to make some decisions as to how I want to go about modding the truck. I can't decide between a OME 614 lift with CB Shackles, or a Zone 5 suspension, then I see how cheap a 3/1 can be (even through I know I would probably end up regretting it later) and I have to go back to the drawing board. Honestly I am trying to put in a Line-X, Rims, Wheels and a Lift for 3,000 and I don't think I'll be able to swing it.

-Kyle
I guess I was thinking of Camp Rilea, but that's obviously an Army post. I know Cape D quite well, since it's over on my side of the river in Cape D State Park (never been through the gates of the station there---do they even have a small shopette or anything there?!)

Yes, adding things gets very expensive, real quickly. I haven't done much to mine yet...thankfully since I bought it used the guy before me added the 3/1 level, MBRP dual exhaust, a remote starter and a spray in bed liner. I've added my Westin step bars, a SnugTop canopy, WeatherTech front and rear mats, wood grain door insert panels/shift knob, a carseat and a lot of plastidip so far. The carseat was the most expensive addition by far, though :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Tony! I might take a look at your site. I'll be wanting some Tow Mirrors eventually.

Bryce, shoot me a PM if your in my neck of the woods. I got plenty of cold beer. How do you like your 3/1?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts