Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Awww yeah, I had some friends at the game last night, I was on the ambulance all day so again only got text updates!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: dikkie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Oh dang! what did you scuff the chrome with? I used a random orbital sander with 180 grit and sanded it until it wasnt shiny anymore. Hopefully it won't peel... im nervous now lol. Hmm i'll do a search on satoshi grill. But here is a pic of the chrome sanded. You think that's good enough? in some areas the chrome is totally sanded off.

i just used a scotch bright pad to scuff up my emblem until it it was completely dull. looks like your doing a great job with yours already though so hopefully itll stick well and not chip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i just used a scotch bright pad to scuff up my emblem until it it was completely dull. looks like your doing a great job with yours already though so hopefully itll stick well and not chip.
SO far so good... the 180 grit on a sander should scratch it up enough. I also used etching primer and 2 part primer. I gave it a scratch test on the area that wasnt sanded and it came off. I also scratched the sanded areas and it was hard as a rock and didnt peel. So far so good, im waiting on the basecoat. I already have the BASF glasurit clear and my satajet rp 3000 ready :D

21 - 24 of 24 Posts