Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

101 - 120 of 184 Posts

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
Also, what will the payload and tongue weight be rated for and will it come with E rated tires from the factory?

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,609 Posts
Just like the big 3 towing claims, 18k capacity is useless if your suspension and brakes can't handle it.
So, did they beef everything up to that of a 1 ton? If so, what did that do to ride quality?
And is it still considerided a half ton?
I'm curious to see how they pulled this off and what the real world numbers will actually end up being.

They didn't. That dude is smoking crack if he believes that bullshit.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
So they're still going to build a HD Diesel, right? >:D
Cummins needs someone to buy the rest of the 5.0's that Nissan isn't going to use anymore :eek:

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Nissan has been an odd bird to me for awhile. Maxima seems like a desirable vehicle to me but you just don’t see them move in large numbers. Altima moves a little better. Titan is ugly and I’d guess already having to be discounted. When my wife cross shopped Maximas with Camrys back in 2012 the sales lady said the Maxima and Altima are similar, so the main differentiator is if you want a fully loaded Altima with every option you save a few bucks going to a comparable Maxima where more of it is standard. Altima makes more sense if you don’t need every gadget.

Altima is actually slightly larger than the Maxima. So what you have is a flag ship sedan that’s supposed to be your profit center, except the next model down is the better bargain and more desirable car. So you have to pay people to buy your flagship top of the line model.

Doesn’t make much sense.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Cummins needs someone to buy the rest of the 5.0's that Nissan isn't going to use anymore :eek:
They are UGLY as well as being a Nissan.

I saw a Titan maybe 3 years old RUSTED all up around the rear fenders . All vehicles rust ( here ) but to see one that isnt old at all with orange rust pops and rust thru was shocking . Nissan wants to be like Dodge and Chevy with the premature wheel well rust i guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The new Tundra hybrid is planned tow just over 18,000 lbs and unloaded fuel mileage will be 30mpg+. Anyone "hating" on a hybrid vehicle honestly is uneducated and uninformed. Electric driven vehicles are FAR superior to gasoline/diesel on immediate power. Go test drive a Tesla. Electric motors in cars are the future.

Reactions: Yo2Gill

·
Registered
28 Posts
The new Tundra hybrid is planned tow just over 18,000 lbs and unloaded fuel mileage will be 30mpg+. Anyone "hating" on a hybrid vehicle honestly is uneducated and uninformed. Electric driven vehicles are FAR superior to gasoline/diesel on immediate power. Go test drive a Tesla. Electric motors in cars are the future.
Okay while i agree with some of your points about hybrids and electrics, do you have any source to back up your unrealistic sounding first sentence? Don't get me wrong, we'd all love that, but that is f250/350 levels of towing, but most of us don't want to daily drive a vehicle with 1 ton suspension, which is what a Tundra towing that amount would require.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
If you believe that, someone should water you twice a week.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Tim is saying he is hearing twin turbo v6 and new rear suspension

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Tim is saying he is hearing twin turbo v6 and new rear suspension
3.5l (Tacoma engine) with twin turbo.
No hybrid.
Rear suspension probably like Ram.
Bigger frame on Tacoma.

Reactions: Breathing Borla

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
3.5l (Tacoma engine) with twin turbo.
No hybrid.
Rear suspension probably like Ram.
Bigger frame on Tacoma.
yup, who knows but it seems like this would be logical.

My ram rode awesome and I bet the Toyota version would be even better.

Im kinda hoping for that.

the turbo taco engine, not so much. they are going to have to really boost that thing to get some power, everything I read it that its gutless NA, so we'll see. I am sure it can be done.

I hope they still have a V8 option maybe revised 5.7 option. that would make a nice engine line up

101 - 120 of 184 Posts