Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi, switched from a double cab Taco to a Crew Max Tundra, Need a leveling kit already tho. Any one want to go mountain biking PM me. Glad to be here, look forward to meeting some other Tundra folks

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Welcome - if you have Facebook look us up- there are a few that go Mtb in the group.
What kind of setup you looking for? Depends on how you plan to use it, but coilovers are gonna be the best. Send Despized a PM and he can get ya pricing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you sir, will do. not sure what kind of setup I want. I got the trd off road package, which to me seems like just bfg's and the bilsteins. I'll use the 4wd going up to Brianhead, mountain biking, during deer season, etc so I need more function than anything.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
A mid Travel coilover solution would take the abuse of trails and off-roading. If you search tundra shock failure you will see a lot of the stock stuff bend at the lower shaft with leveling kits. Normally happens when the weight of the truck comes down and the shock can't support it. Don't see it too much on the street unless you maybe come off a curb or speed bump fast and hard. A bracket lift will not really gain you any extra clearance due to the drop bracket on the font diff.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Coilovers are gonna run ya in the $1200 to $1500 range - King or Fox. But if your gonna do it - then do it right the first time. Otherwise you will be spending $$ twice or three times like a lot of people that don't want to spend that much. - like me lol
Thats just for the front - the back is about half that.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Welcome from vegas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts