Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Long time fan of Toyota - just got a 2016 CrewMax and couldn’t be happier with it...what an amazing truck.

Few questions though:

1.No clue what the stock sound system is like, quality wise. Sounds fine to me but I love my tunes, any recommendations to speaker upgrades? Just looking for speakers, I don’t want to get into amps, extras etc.

2. The below pic shows a hole in the door panel of both rear doors. I’m assuming this is one of those pop in door clips, but I want to be sure. Is that correct? If that’s the case, any thoughts on buying generic vs genuine Toyota replacements?

35871B19-ADDC-41E8-BA8D-666B37C9AE47.jpeg

3. The bed is missing those “rails” which allow for mounting accessories. Not sure if this is supposed to be included on all Tundras, or what, but what are my options here? I’d just like some tie down points.

4. The door pulls all have sort of a “felt” bottom, with the exception of the passenger door which it’s missing. I can’t seem to find a replacement for this - can anybody point me in the right direction? Either put another felt one in or swap these out for an “upgraded” one?

I’m sure I will think of more down the line. Appreciate any advice in advance!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im no professional, but only time, twice I have seen or broke those plugs myself, was getting the door pannel off to swap speakers, lol. My have already been done or someone swaped oem back in before trading it in? I just used some I have from working on Honda atvs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,789 Posts
It depends on which stock system you have as far as ease of swapping stuff. JBL is the toughest. Non JBL, you can swap speakers, but you will also want to swap the factory amp. However, non-JBL is easy, and there's direct kits for it.

The empty hole, yes, you can use aftermarket clips, however in that location Yota uses a clip that is not a christmas tree type clip. If you want it to match, get the correct clip. Pretty cheap.

The bed rail tie down system is available on it's own. You can buy it, and install it, I suggest getting extra tie down cleats. I have 2 in front of the bed behind the cab, and 2 per side. I like it, works great. Also certain tonneau covers require removal or modifications to work with it. In all honesty, I tie my quad down with the lower D style rings in the bed, I use the upper tie down cleats for taller stuff. Straps should never go upward when tying stuff DOWN.

The door felts, yes, they have a tendency to stick to things, and disappear, it should be a replaceable part though.
Mine stick to my holster, and have also accidentally sucked one up in the shop vac while cleaning the truck. I pulled it out of the vac canister. But it is not uncommon to have one gone, and any good yota parts dept should be able to get you a replacement, unless you want to make one of your own by going to a local hobby lobby, or Jo-Anns fabric, Michaels, etc...

I have gone through Sparks Toyota a lot for parts. They're pretty good, and fair shipping. Same as the bed rail tie down system, they have good pricing.

I hope that helps!

Reactions: Martian_Sunrise

·
Registered
13 Posts
Search on eBay for your year and model and lots of parts will come up. I also got the push in clips there fir $8 and lots of others also. Go to crutch field and they will show you the correct speakers to install and then shop around! I did a lot more to mine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts