Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Found out that my old tires and rims were not a good match, wheels were to wide for the tires and they were only rated for 50psi. I wanted the Maxxis tires so I figured I'd better be safe and get the proper rims. :) I really like these Maxxis tires, the old Towmax ones weren't rated for the weight and since they were too skinny for the old rims they had some odd distortion.

I thought I had ordered the E rated tires but what I got are D rated, which should still be more than adequate.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Can never put enough into wheels n' tires on a trailer!! Especially when towing what looks to be a $20k 2-wheeled motor ;) Need more shots man!

Reactions: Hawksfan668

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just put the maxxis tires on my toy hauler this year after only one season with my camper. I love the maxxis it amazing the junk the put in my camper from the factory. Two were separating after only about 2000 miles. I went from a load range c to a d run them at max psi. You will love them also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
415 Posts
Man! That is too cool. Your bike can't be THAT fast ;) haha last thing you want is to blow a tire and have that thing bouncing around in your trailer!!

Smart upgrade.

Reactions: Hawksfan668

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Campfire, we had a bad blowout on the way to Indy but luckily everything stayed upright. That was when I decided it was time to upgrade. :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
nice wheels! I was soo trying to talk the wife into letting me put a nicer set on our trailer when we replaced the rubber earlier this year..... :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts