Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my 2009 Sierra 1500 for a 2010 Tundra crewmax 4x4. Anything I should know right off the bat? Im in VA Beach, anyone near by?

· Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Just traded in my 2009 Sierra 1500 for a 2010 Tundra crewmax 4x4. Anything I should know right off the bat?
Yes, you will like the Toyota much better, even after the newness wears off. I have 30k on mine and still look forward to driving it everyday. And it still drives as good as the day I bought it.

Welcome to the world of Tundra. :)

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Post up some pictures when you get a chance. If you are good friends with local mechanics, you will have to find another way to keep in touch. :D My mechanic (the one who does some of my mods and state inspections) complains that we don't see him often enough.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had it for about a week now and Im pretty happy with it. My wife likes it a lot better than the Sierra. She says it drives like a car more so than a truck. Its got a bigger motor than my GM had and it gets better gas mileage. Any idea if a nice intake will get me 1-2 more mpg's?

· Premium Member
2,951 Posts
It's pretty evenly split on the benefits of an intake. I don't think it will make much mileage difference, but some guys like the extra noise. Mine is a DD plus family vehicle for long trips so I prefer the quiet.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
My K&N intake has not yeilded any noticable improvements in mileage. I love the sound it produces though. On the highway and normal driving it is not really noticeable, but once you step on it, it really comes alive.

· Registered
732 Posts
Congrats! You will definitely enjoy having an overbuilt truck coming from a GM product. My previous truck was a 2006 Avalanche, great truck but the Tundra is just worlds ahead in every aspect. We need pics!!!!!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here is an off the wall question. Are the emblems that say Tundra or SR5 all over the vehicle just glued on or do they have holes behind them. I want to completely sterilize the truck. All emblems, stickers, and pinstripes.

· Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Welcome aboard, my firtst Toyota as well. I'm loving the truck. I just borrowed my buddies 2010 Sierra 1500 while I was getting my wheels powder coated, and I gotta say, what a POS! I know that's harsh but this thing is SO chinsy inside and out. Quality was so poor. Moldings already fading and/or coming loose, Chevy emblems all fell apart from water damage etc...and he has a v8 in it, not sure which one but its so underpowered. REALLY have to stomp on it to get ANY reaction. I think you are gonna be real happy with your new tundra coming from the Chevy. Good luck with it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.