Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals!!!
This is the first time I ever posted in a foreign truck forum. I've been a ford guy for the past 13 years and basically my hands hurt from all the fixes! Lol! Okay, well I know NOTHING about tundras, and was looking for some help. I have an option of buying a 2008 tundra Iforce V8 max cab limited. It has 89,000 miles on it. I was looking to see if this is a good buy, or is it too many miles for that truck? What problems can I expect with this many miles? Is there any preventative maintenance I should do? Easy oil changes? Are the transmissions hold up well? I see there was a drivetrain issue, and a cooling/heating issue from consumer reports. Can you elaborate more on these issues and any others. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to a lot of great information!

Chris from connecticut

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Chris....

First thing, I was also a Ford guy with an 06 F250.... Great Truck!

Second thing is that my Tundra is hands down the BEST truck I've ever owned... (I'm 47 and have owned ALOT of different cars and trucks...LOL).

If you read through the different threads on this site almost every question you asked will already be answered (these guy's know there stuff)

As far as the mileage on the truck you're looking at ... 89K is just getting broke in...LOL

·
Registered
303 Posts
How much is it? The engine and tranny are both well built and seldom have issues. AIP is a common issue. Steering rack failures are possible on the 2010 and above. The great thing about toyota is they stand behind their product. Sometimes it takes longer than we like but they seem to do the right thing. What other company gives people new frames on a vehicle over 10 years old? I've had three tundras and a 94 pickup. No plan to leave toyota anytime soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic! Sounds like I made a great call! Hey Montanatundra, they are asking 27,000 for it. It's got all the bells and whistles so if I can get it, I'll be posting ALOT OF STUFF TOMORROW! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
$27000 for an 08 pushing 100k seems a little steep no? Especially for CT. Unless it was really well maintained with no real signs of wear...here is a 2010 limited in NJ with half the mileage for not much more. I'd keep searching if I were u. Car Vehicle Text Web page Font good luck with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I got 95k on my 2011. No issues other than the front diff issue, but that was covered under warranty. Fluids are a must, but I agree with everyone else. You a paying WAY too much. You can get 2013 with 0 percent financing, with warranty for that price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I Just spent 24K for my 2011 T-Force with 49K on it. I think that was a little high but the truck spoke to me. I would shop around a little more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow thanks guys...I just thought cause it was a limited and had all leather seats and stuff it was a higher end model....ill see if the guy wants to wheel and deal tonight. I found another one with 49k and they were asking 29,995 and it was an 11'.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow thanks guys...I just thought cause it was a limited and had all leather seats and stuff it was a higher end model....ill see if the guy wants to wheel and deal tonight. I found another one with 49k and they were asking 29,995 and it was an 11'.
Do your research on KBB.com and edmounds.com a educated buyer is a car salesman's worst nightmare.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Here is my old truck. I can tell you i took AWESOME care of it. it only has 52K on it and they are "asking" 30K. I have RW wheels and retrax pro on it. new cooper st maxx tires 33"

They gave me 26.5 for it. offer them 27, LOL and you'll have a really nice rig. you would have to drive it home though

Used Vehicle, North Aurora, IL, River Front Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, Inc.

forgot to mention that I still have every service record and everything was done by toyota!! I was the only owner

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought a 08 DC SR5 with 50k miles. Single owner, older guy who never used it as a truck from what I can tell and he kept up on the maintenance. The loan was for $24,000 but I also got the 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. Plus I got new floor mats :)and the interior cleaned since the previous owner smoked more than a freight train. :banghead:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
I Just spent 24K for my 2011...I think that was a little high but the truck spoke to me.
Now, Iron, that is the way to buy a truck!! The rascal SPEAKS to you! Love it. Yep, mine spoke to me too.

Prod, I hear you about the leather seats, etc. I do like to buy the used high end models. Them's the boys that usually speaks to me too! Sounds high, but I don't know man, hey, can you hear that leather saying them smooth words?

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Prod I maybe you're only one who had tranny rebuilt on my 07 CM limited. At 96k it went out. Now at 160,987 miles. Don't worry about the AIP issue. It's covered for 150k miles. If you really like the truck and willing to pay $27k for it, then go for it. Like the rest try to get a better price. My truck new was over $40k in 07/07.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts