Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a TRD pro in cement after totaling my SRF TRD Off Road (which I had lifted and G2 Terra Grapplers on)

Love this truck and my old SR5.

So I ordered the Ready Fit 2" lift and some Terra Grapplers in 25x12.5x18" running the stock rims any one have any trouble with this size causing driving issues, shifting, etc?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Everything is wrong with that.

Cancel the lift, it will just screw everything up. You already have a very nice suspension with 2" lift over other Tundras. 35x12.5 are too wide for stock rims and offset. If you want to use stock rims and offset, 285/75r18 or 295/70r18 will usually work. You could also add 1" or 1.25" spacers for a wider stance. Expect to remove mudflaps and deal with some fender plastic.

If you really want 35x12.5, then get new 9" wide wheels with +25 to +35mm offset.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have the pro. I saw ready lift made a lift specifically for the pro /sst which is why I started there.

Appreciate your advice guys. Going to rethink what I am doing.

On my sr5 trd off road I had a procomp 3"/1" leveling kit and 305 65 18 terra grapplers. I loved the look and stance and was trying to mimic that with the pro.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Did you have stock rims? No spacers?

305/65r18s are 33.6" dia, so smaller than 295/70s (~34.2") and 35s (~34.6").

You don't need a lift for the Pro for any of these, just leave it be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 17 cement pro dc. I have the readylift +2 up front which works great. It's a spacer and uca up front but not a junk quality spacer. It replaces the factory top hat completely and is very solid. I ditched the block for the back and went with Dakar leaf springs and extra leaf pack so the rear is approx 2.5-3" of lift which almost doesn't look raked. I can't promise you will fit 35x12.50 but if you wanted to try with the stock rims you will need wheel spacers. I threw 1.5 spider tracks on mine with the front lift and the wheels sit just barely out from stock as the lift sucks the hub in slightly. I haven't throw new rubber on yet but I'm looking at 295/70r18's which is roughly 34-34.5" x 12". I know they will clear just fine with the skid plate on. I'll upload a pic after I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.