Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just bought my first truck ever, 2013 crewmax platinum, and wanted to see what people thought was the best bed extender for maximizing space when hauling dirt bikes? Also it has the plastic bed liner, but wanted to see if the non slip spray in liner was the best option for me, especially if my dog is going to ride in the back? Also does anyone have an option on keeping your dog safe in the back from jumping out or falling out? One last question, I have the track system but no cleats to put on it so is there one that is preferred over another? Thanks so much and I have enjoyed reading the topics posted.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I love the plastic liner for HD use, linex is ok if your bed stays empty but for dogs, bedrug would seem best. Why not trailer the bikes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a trailer that I have to keep elsewhere so I a trying to eliminate that step to take the dirt bikes out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Jamison: Welcome to the Tundra family. I just recently bought my first tundra as well. I use mine to trailer or haul bikes too. I did have a liner sprayed in. I think it works great for the bikes. Also, I found the AMP research bed extenders to be the best. Look around though and try to get the U shaped extender rather than the V shaped if you plan to carry more than 1 bike. Good Luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Personally, I like the stock plastic liner. Everything slides in and out easily. Friends of mine have the Line-X and while it looks great and is durable, getting heavy stuff across it is not as simple. The texture of the Line-X grabs everything.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Best bed extender would be AMP research. For your application (dog), I would use the Bedrug or just a rubber bed mat. If interested I can help you with pricing, just send me a PM.

Thanks
Josh
Svcustoms.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies! The truck came with a bedrug so that would be perfect for the dog and I didn't even think about that. If that doesn't work Josh I will shoot you a PM for pricing on the rubber mat.

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
As per my experience, Rust-Oleum provides 32-ounce truck bed coating in black color is one of the bestDIY solution. It makes your task easy and effortless. For renewing, renovating worn and unfinished metal beds of the truck this DIY solution is perfect, At the outlines of a truck bed, you will find the textured finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts