Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was rolling the idea of buying a pick up around for quite a while, i was looking around at the f-250, ram 1500, 2500, even diesels, i wanted a powerful truck. and i felt like if i wanted that id have to buy one used. one morning (yesterday) i woke up, my wife reminded me to move the bronco cause it was parked on the wrong side ([email protected]#$% alternate side parking village BS) i went outside moved the bronco over to the good side, went back in and went to sleep. i got back up got dressed, walked out thinking about how god damned cold it was, and tried to start the bronco...starter was cold, battery died from me hitting the starter... ford bronco [email protected] 138k miles...

now i have 3 cars, a 2002 z06 corvette, a 2006 twin turbo mustang, and the bronco, i drove the mustang to work (im an engineer for a construction firm) and i used to be pretty humiliated driving a beat up bronco that was baby blue onto some of NYCs biggest construction projects. i drove straight to toyota, with predisposition to haggle my ballz off and then sum to get a tundra for under 30k! (everyone at work swore by them, and everyone with a f-*50 was less than in love. i walked in and the sales man just goes "take the truck at invoice", signed it and drove off my super white 4x4 double cab, with tow package, and regular bed 5.7L motor then and there.

let me tell you guys something...i will never buy an american car again after driving my tundra... (love the cars i have already, but wont ever buy one again)

some quick searching found you guys, looking for a used tundra is like looking for a used supermodel that cooks and cleans....might be a few around but no ones really given em up

really impressed with this truck!

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site. Good choice, I dont think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
i was rolling the idea of buying a pick up around for quite a while, i was looking around at the f-250, ram 1500, 2500, even diesels, i wanted a powerful truck. and i felt like if i wanted that id have to buy one used. one morning (yesterday) i woke up, my wife reminded me to move the bronco cause it was parked on the wrong side ([email protected]#$% alternate side parking village BS) i went outside moved the bronco over to the good side, went back in and went to sleep. i got back up got dressed, walked out thinking about how god damned cold it was, and tried to start the bronco...starter was cold, battery died from me hitting the starter... ford bronco [email protected] 138k miles...

now i have 3 cars, a 2002 z06 corvette, a 2006 twin turbo mustang, and the bronco, i drove the mustang to work (im an engineer for a construction firm) and i used to be pretty humiliated driving a beat up bronco that was baby blue onto some of NYCs biggest construction projects. i drove straight to toyota, with predisposition to haggle my ballz off and then sum to get a tundra for under 30k! (everyone at work swore by them, and everyone with a f-*50 was less than in love. i walked in and the sales man just goes "take the truck at invoice", signed it and drove off my super white 4x4 double cab, with tow package, and regular bed 5.7L motor then and there.

let me tell you guys something...i will never buy an american car again after driving my tundra... (love the cars i have already, but wont ever buy one again)

some quick searching found you guys, looking for a used tundra is like looking for a used supermodel that cooks and cleans....might be a few around but no ones really given em up

really impressed with this truck!
Congrats on the new truck. You can't go wrong with a Toyota.

What do you mean about not buying an American car again. You just bought an American built Toyota. LOL :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new truck. You can't go wrong with a Toyota.

What do you mean about not buying an American car again. You just bought an American built Toyota. LOL :D
i know the american toyotas are american built...

but what i ment was more along the lines of, buy what is the standard of an american car... dont get me wrong i fully believe in supporting the american economy and american business. but my browning shotgun was made in japan, and you know what...its the best gun i ever shot in my life...nothing stands toe to toe with it....same with my truck...

its amazing...

i saw the blower for the tundra...the spec on the engine are amazing... the way american automotive companies do things is... JUST ADD SOME DISPLACEMENT! leave the technology the same !! it took ford 20+ years to finally ditch the 302 push rod !

LOL look at the new mustang...+15hp from 4years ago...WOW...I REALLY WANT ONE NOW !

thanks for the warm welcome guys...its a new driving experience for me...and finally one i am enjoying

·
Registered
463 Posts
man i love my truck and my girlfriend know that too!!!! i wont believe you have a tundra till we see pix?.... lol jk pics please?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
welcome! so is the s/c in your future? Then you can race your other cars with @ 504+ hp!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Welcome to the site my friend. The Tundra is a great truck. Search this web site for lots of good info. Ask away if you have any good questions!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome! so is the s/c in your future? Then you can race your other cars with @ 504+ hp!
i just got married, and common sense dictates to me NO..a super charger is not in my future ...

but a twin turbo mustang with a a forged billet block, rods, heads, crank wasnt either ...

...is the TRD S/C roots? or twin screw ?

looks like a roots...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts