Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Well I finally did it, I bought my first Tundra. Over the last 20 years I have exclusively bought Chevy trucks. Why, I don't know, other than I have always loved the look.

I've had a 1970, 1973, 1979, 1982, 1990, 1994, 1996(new), 1997(new), 1999, 2000(new), and 2004New). My 2004 had the transmission go out at 84,000 miles and after I had it replaced the truck never seemed to be right. So I sold it in 2008.

Well in 2008 I was in an accident and crushed my spine. Took me 4 years to get on disability and after I decided I needed a truck again. I was again shopping for a Chevy, but I had a very limited budget this time, no more than $12k. So shopping I went. After looking around I found I was going to be limited to a high mileage truck. Being on a fixed income I need something that is going to last. I started looking into Toyota and found they can go 300k reliably. But most were out of my price range.

I stopped a local dealer to look a Chevy and sitting on the back of their lot was this 2001 Tundra SR5 4x4 (a must where I live) and it was set up nice. With wheels and tires, all tinted windows, silver in color. I was like a moth to a flame. Only 125k one owner miles.

I took a test drive and was really impressed. They were asking $12,500, I walked out the door for $9000!

All I can say is "WHY did I buy all those Chevys instead of a Tundra?!"

It pulls my travel trailer great. Can power slide and burn out awesome. And is a great ride and gets lots of compliments.

I found this site and joined because I'd like to make some upgrades ( exhaust, CAI, and eyeball) and looking for advise and ideas. Because of my back I can't lift it, but it is leveled and I added rear airbags for hauling and towing. I'm running 16" wheels with 265/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers, so it has a nice offroad look without a lift. I also took off the useless facotry running boards and added Smittybuilt black nerf bars, much easier for me to step in with. I don't like chrome and saw post on Plasti-dipping parts, so I got some and just waiting for the weather to get better to do the emblems and grill.

Thanks for letting me run on and join the site. :lol5:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

Reactions: BigBlueAZ

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Toyota land. Congrats on your Tundra.

Reactions: BigBlueAZ

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts