Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya all - just wanted to take a minute to introduce me and the beast I just bought. 2014 Tundra SR5 with (ostensibly) a factory lift and some amazing wheels and tires. Can't wait to trick it out more! Living in Colorado, there's no shortage of amazing trails to hit with a good 4x4, already planning my first trip in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got the Tundra up in the hills this last week, camping with the family. We were planning to run Medano Pass by the Dunes, but it didn't happen this time. However, I did run up to the top of Tincup Pass, which was a good run for getting my bearings on how the truck handles on rough terrain; we weren't able to come all the way back down the backside of the pass due to washed out trail and Mirrow Lake being completely flooded (the trail was under several feet of water). We did camp at the Summit however and woke to one of the most amazing Colorado Sunrises I've personally experienced (and I've been here for 37 years!)

I'm not sure I'd run something rougher than Tincup fully loaded, definitely not with the cargo on the hitch; my steps took a bit of a beating getting over some of the obstacles on the way up and my wife threatened to murder me at least 7 times on the way up, but in the end it was totally worth it.

The pic doesn't do the sunrise justice, but it will give you an idea of what we woke up to.

(Note: for those unfamiliar with Tincup, the stream pictured above *is* the trail you follow most of the way down; heavy rains had this normally dry streambed washed out in several places)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.