Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2012 super white cm, and I want to get into detailing it. I have looked around on autogeek and detailerdomain, and I have come up with a setup but don't know if tit is right. So if someone could help if the setup is right and how frequent to do them. I can't seem to find the answers.
Pc polisher
Adams buttery wax
Adams revive prewar cleaner polish
Adams brilliant glaze
Clay bar

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will tell you what I use to take care of my '11 DC that I've had for 1 1/2 years now. I have zero swirls on mine, but I do have a couple of deep scratches at the back from moving old roofing shingles to the dump and not being careful. I keep meaning to wet sand them out but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

It is my humble opinion that the majority of the damage that happens to car paint happens while washing the vehicle,having said that I use a setup that minimizes the possibility. I have only polished my truck twice since I bought it because I don't need to do anymore than that.

I found a guy on you tube that has posted a bunch of videos on the subject. I have followed his instruction and advice and have a beautiful truck because of him. He goes by the name junk man 2000.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
but don't know if tit is right.

Pc polisher
Adams buttery wax
Adams revive prewar cleaner polish
Adams brilliant glaze
Clay bar

First off....tit is always right. :)

I would recommend the Griots 6" DA over the PC. It's a better machine. Skip the glaze, fix the problem with a compound and polish. A glaze will just hide it temporarily. Adams makes a great compound and polish. Detailers Domain will have it as well as the Griots DA. Buttery Wax is a good choice, and clay bar is a must.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I found a guy on you tube that has posted a bunch of videos on the subject. I have followed his instruction and advice and have a beautiful truck because of him. He goes by the name junk man 2000.
Thanks for the heads up on the YouTube videos. A great visual on a lot of the things I have been reading on here.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Having bought a Black CM I have recently gotten into detailing as well. Before even thinking about getting all of the stuff you have listed hopefully you got your washing system in place. All of the polishing and waxing is for naught if your washing regime is damaging what you have done. I have picked up a two bucket system with grit guards and am borrowing a buddies foam gun until I get my own. I have watched the junkman's videos on YouTube and follow "his" system other than the drying for now.

Now that I have this in place and I'm not going backwards every time I wash the truck I am looking into restoring and preserving my paint. I am going to take it to a buddy of mine's detailer friend and he is going to professionally detail it. This will give me the best starting point. While doing this he is going to show me what products I will need going forward and how to use them properly on my paint. This will give me the best idea of what I need for my paint type and the conditions in my area.

You might see if there is a detailer in your area that is willing to show you the ropes so to speak. My buddy is in an Audi club and they have had "clinics" on detailing with pros that are in the club giving tips and demonstrations. You might try to find something like this in your area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts