Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my pro comps soon.

I drive 25% city, 60% highway and 15% off road.

My boss has the new toyo at2s which seem decent, I love the looks of the BFG at ko's but have never owned a set, just can't make a decision.

Money isn't really that big of a factor, so what would you guys go with? I'm open to and all options...Duratracs, grapplers, at2s etc..
Thanks in advance

Reactions: 99Tank

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm in the same boat, was hoping for more info when I clicked on the thread. I was leaning towards the Nitto terra grapplers but found a pretty good deal on some BFG AT KO. But like the duratracs too. Im just going to follow your thread instead of starting my own. If you don't mind?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me! My pro comps are pretty loud now and the ride is harsh, but I have over 50k miles and have really liked them off road.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These MT ATZs look pretty sweet too...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have the Toyo Open Country AT... they're very well mannered on the road and I haven't had any issues off road or in the snow either. They were on the cheaper end too if i remember correctly and are well worth it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Toyo Open Country AT... they're very well mannered on the road and I haven't had any issues off road or in the snow either. They were on the cheaper end too if i remember correctly and are well worth it.
Did you have the Nitto's prior? Just saw them in your sig.

What is your comparison between the two?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I think the BFG AT's are way overpriced... My buddy has been running them for years, and he's saying his last couple sets weren't as good as prior ones he had? I dunno if that means he thinks they've changed something in the rubber or what. I like my Nitto Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm actually getting the Nittos installed today so I can give you a comparison then.

Based on some friends trucks with Nittos however I think that the Toyos are more "street friendly," they're quieter and i think ride a little softer. I also have "P" rated Toyos which have a lower ply count and lower load rating.

So its no really apples to apples here, but I'll definitely compare the Toyos to the Nittos in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the Terra Nitto grapplers and love them. Not loud at all. I was originally leaning towards the Toyos open country AT2, but didn't have the size I wanted 295/70-18. However, now they just came out with those sizes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts