Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I bought all OEM shocks off ebay for $100. Replaced rear and now waiting to go to Harbor Freight to get a spring compressor to replace the front pair. My right rear was worn down pretty good. At normal length it was 3 inches shorter than the replacement OEM's.

· Registered
1,385 Posts
I replaced my stock rear shocks and ended up just giving them away for the cost of shipping, only had about 15k miles on them iirc.

Figured someone could use them more than the trashcan could.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Actually already sold them.

It wasn't what I wanted anymore. I have a 34' camper and I didn't want to have to get airbags to level the truck while towing. Maybe someday I will revisit leveling the truck. I am going to reinvest that money into more mods!

· Banned
313 Posts
Bilsteins are a great shock to go with, and they offer two options. The 4600, HD Blue Yellow shocks are a great stock replacement and will really improve the ride.

The 5100s, silver and black shock are just a bit more, but have the added feature of an adjustable spring seat with 3 height levels, allowing for up to 2.5" lift in the front, which will give the truck a nice, level stance. They are also zinc coated for corrosion resistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.