Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the shop and putting in the rest of my lift...I need at leadt three more inches of shock in the rear wih coachbuilders 3" shackles? Anyone had to do this anf if so what size? Zone 5" adding bds shims and 3" shackles...
Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

· Registered
708 Posts
Same lift I have on my truck- I went with the upgraded Zone "Nitro" shocks. I have the Zone 3" blocks and Coachbuilder's 3" shackles. If I jack the truck up the rear shocks are fully extended but are compressed an inch or so when it's on the ground. Definitely couldn't add any more lift in the rear without having longer shocks (and extending brake lines further). It seems to be fine like it is though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow same thing for lift on my truck with the same shocks....mine are fully extended....no room to spare he said try and buy 3" longer shocks

· Registered
708 Posts
There was literally no room to spare when I installed my shackles. I left the shocks connected and with the truck in the air removed the old shackles. I had to pull the end of the leaf spring down maybe 1/2" or so to get the bolts to line up in the new shackles. I'm sure the longer shocks would be the preferred method but I have had no problems with mine in the 20k miles its been lifted.

My main concern with longer shocks would be the brake lines. When my shocks were fully extended the brake lines are also. If you do get longer shocks the brake lines will have to be extended as well.

Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
362 Posts
Im not quite sure about lifting further than the shocks travel.6 inches is a lot in the rear.But any case if your going with a longer shock and longer brake lines I would take it in to get your drive line inspected.You may need a longer drive line or some type of spacer.And also the carier bearing will also need to be lowerd.Taco makes a solid bearing drop bracket.You can get them for 3 to 4 inches or so.But like I said 6 inches imo is pushing it just thinkin about it.Considering the longer shocks and that much more travel your going to be having some seriouse diff problems before long but I could be wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.