Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first i want to say, I'm new to the site. Been lurking for a few weeks picking up tips and tricks about what truck does what and what's nice to have etc.

So i've got my 2 local dealers with identical Mag Gray RW CM.

A trade on my 2008 Tacoma DC with 70k loaded.

They are throwing in bed rails, trd rear sway bar, and cutting me a deal on a spray in liner.

I'm looking at 16,500 OTD right now. Thats 23,600 for my taco, and invoice for the truck, 2750 rebate. I had a price of 15,xxx in my head and they are at a min 500 over that.

Seems like a good deal because i really want the truck, but its more than i want to pay. I have that 15k number stuck in my head. And plus, they are AT invoice. I think they can come a little lower.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So first i want to say, I'm new to the site. Been lurking for a few weeks picking up tips and tricks about what truck does what and what's nice to have etc.

So i've got my 2 local dealers with identical Mag Gray RW CM.

A trade on my 2008 Tacoma DC with 70k loaded.

They are throwing in bed rails, trd rear sway bar, and cutting me a deal on a spray in liner.

I'm looking at 16,500 OTD right now. Thats 23,600 for my taco, and invoice for the truck, 2750 rebate. I had a price of 15,xxx in my head and they are at a min 500 over that.

Seems like a good deal because i really want the truck, but its more than i want to pay. I have that 15k number stuck in my head. And plus, they are AT invoice. I think they can come a little lower.

Thoughts?
To get a reasonable assessment, you should treat your deal as two separate transactions: (1) new truck purchase and (2) trade-in. With the info you provided, it's tough to reply because you commingled two negotiations. The trade-in evaluation is doable on KBB or NADA. For the purchase, you should start with MSRP and see what sort of total discount is being offered (including the rebate). That figure can be compared with values provided on TrueCar or Edmunds. However, without info re: how the truck is equipped (since the CM RW comes in many different configurations), others on TT can only guess rather than provide the valuable insight so many do share on this forum.

·
Registered
877 Posts
So 40K for the truck? I guess it depends on the specs...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MSRP is 41,945.

Backup cam, RW package, SR5, Rear sway bar, all weather mats, bed rails.
Invoice is just over 39k.

Trade in value for my taco in excellent shape is 21500 from KBB.

They are giving me the truck for the invoice plus going 2k over Blue book for my truck.

But for some reason, i'm not feeling like its a great deal.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
A good deal would be getting the truck at invoice, then subtracting incentives/rebates. A better deal would be to negotiate a sale price below invoice, then subtract incentives/rebates from that price. The trade confuses things (in their favor), and they can start with the fuzzy math (.I.e. selling you the truck at invoice INCLUDING incentives, then "giving you" $2k over kbb for the trade :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking at '13 RW DC's nd getting $6,400-$6,900 off MSRP. that is all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts