Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've been having a tough time trying to figure out what's going with a major vibration occurring when I apply the brakes on my 07' DC 4x4. It feels like the rear rotors are warped, so I put a new set on and took it out for a test drive. The truck still shakes like it did before I put the new rotors on.

The truck only shakes when I apply the brakes and when I get it slowed down to 5mph or so, I can feel the brakes hit a "high" spot or whatever as the wheels rotate. It feels like it's grabbing, releasing, grabbing, releasing.

Any ideas if this is something other than warped rotors??

Thanks for your help!

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Are you on a smooth road? Are the brakes properly bled? I hope you installed new pads with the new rotors. Never change the rotors or resurface without installing new pads.

· Registered
2,357 Posts
So you feel it in the seat not the wheel?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't bled the brakes recently, I will go ahead and replace the brake fluid as it's probably time for that anyhow. The feeling is definitely in the seat and it will also shake the bed visibly when braking.

· Registered
2,357 Posts
Any play in the axles? If it feels the same as it did before replacing the brakes it may be time to start thinking outside of that system. But before you do do the calipers slide on the slide pins?

· Cereal Killer
20,993 Posts
In the case of Tundras the OEM rotors are supposedly made of poor quality steel and will warp again after being replaced. Moral of the story....aftermarket parts.

· Registered
2,357 Posts
Big, did you get anywhere with this?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still trying to figure this one out. I did replace the pads with the rotors. I checked the calipers and they don't seem to be sticking or leaking, at least not something obvious. I put premium slotted/dimpled rotors on and it apparently didn't help. I'm thinking it must be something other than the rotors but what else would cause the vibration only while hitting the brake pedal??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.