Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
Can that tw3 Sub handle that much power? I'm still working on deciding on all of my stuff and trying to decide what amp I am going to go with. I plan to go with the tw3 and probably the Focal 165AS up front and possibly something a little cheaper in the back. I was looking at going with the JL 700 5 channel, but at 4 ohms it looks like it would only push 180w to the sub. Whereas if I jump up to JL 1000 5 channel it will push 400 watts to the sub at 4 ohms. They will both push 75 watts to the other 4 channels at 4 ohms.
Also did you sound deaden the doors? I'm assuming those 80 mm on the AS3 go into the dash???
I would much rather have too much power than not enough it handles it just fine, adjust the gain properly and then control it with the bass knob, always sounds clean and much better than when I had the jx250 on it

In your scenario 180 is not going to cut it with that sub, that will be underwhelming

Most trouble starts with not enough power rather than too much as long as you pay attention.

I would go with two amps, one for the sub and one for the rest. I have never really been a fan of running a multi channel amp that includes the sub.

The 3-way focal are tits for the price but they had to take apart the dash a bit to install them from underneath as they are too big for standard install. This was out of my league do I had it all professionally installed, they did a great job, can't even tell anything was done and nothing permanent for changes

I did not sound deaden anything

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would much rather have too much power than not enough it handles it just fine, adjust the gain properly and then control it with the bass knob, always sounds clean and much better than when I had the jx250 on it

In your scenario 180 is not going to cut it with that sub, that will be underwhelming

Most trouble starts with not enough power rather than too much as long as you pay attention.

I would go with two amps, one for the sub and one for the rest. I have never really been a fan of running a multi channel amp that includes the sub.

The 3-way focal are tits for the price but they had to take apart the dash a bit to install them from underneath as they are too big for standard install. This was out of my league do I had it all professionally installed, they did a great job, can't even tell anything was done and nothing permanent for changes

I did not sound deaden anything

I have Focals up front and Hertz in the back I went with an 8in JL sub in the back(not a bass head, but seriously thinking of having another 8 in installed). Really like the Focals everything sounds great in my 2013 CM! I loaded a 64gb SD with some flac albums and it's perfect. I have always liked Pioneer decks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
first thing was all the chrome. It had to go

1) I had the dealer put on a TRD Pro grill
2) Roman hooked up color match mirrors and handles
3) I dipped the badges
4) I added LT275/70/18 BFG AT KO2 tires (black wall out of course)
5) Added 18" KMC Skitch Black Wheels (+35 offset) with black lugs
6) Headlight Rev full LED interior Kit and Cargo Lights
7) These since yota insists on only one USB power point

http://www.amazon.com/Satechi®-Converter-SuperCharged-Cigarette-Adapter/dp/B00LWH2RJM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

8) Window tint next wednesday
9) TRD Shift knob (roman)

not bad for only two days of ownership LOL

did I mention :machinegunner: CHROME
Ha late to the party, but knew you'd be back. Dude the 18inch rims with more tire looks and prob performs way better than the 20's. Love the Platinum though, solid rig !

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Ha late to the party, but knew you'd be back. Dude the 18inch rims with more tire looks and prob performs way better than the 20's. Love the Platinum though, solid rig !
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
The biggest upgrade is the color, they match the DRL and XB LED moromito fogs pretty good.

They do not blind people as the scattered light is down to a minimum.

That said, with all LED in this reflector there are a few dimmer spots out on the road and the high beam performance is just ok.

I would say they are better than stock though!

They are a high quality unit with no fan so you don't have to worry about shit melting with cheap ass no name units.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Im trying to figure out if i want to go with a retrofit or go with these. Its money either way and this forum has a way of making me spend it.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Thanks for the complements.

I need to add my LED additions I am doing right now

stupid photo bucket changed their 3rd party hosting policies

pissed a lot of us off, I dont want to pay their stupid fee.

not sure how to get these to work again without redoing them all again, they are still in my account.

I do have an Imgur account now if you want something specific.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
ok, odd

looks like all the pics are back?

did photobucket change this?

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
ok, got rid of the bling and the mismatch of materials on the console