Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Tundra 2 weeks ago and my wife got her new Rav 4 a month ago. I decided to detail hers first because I'm nice like that. Also if hers is done she could never say anything about me neglecting hers and spending an inordinate amount of time on mine but mostly just because I'm nice like that 0:)

Products Used
Megs Hyperwash with MTM Foam Cannon
Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect
Nanoskin Scrub
Menzerna 1500
Menzerna 4000
Uber Orange Pads
Uber Green Pads
Zaino Z2
Zaino Z6
Optimum Opti Bond Tire Gel
Sonax Dashboard Cleaner
Aerospace 303
Einzett Windscreen Cleaner

The truck's a month old and the paint was in very good shape. I love the Blizzard Pearl and if they ever put it on a Tundra I might need it. It's got so much fleck in the paint it's very hard to see imperfections and it's not great with direct reflections but it's bounces sunlight like crazy. When I pulled it out of the garage the sun was on the driver's side and I almost couldn't look at the truck it was so bright.

After a nice bath and nanoscrub it got Menzerna 1500 on an orange pad chased with 4000 on a green. Gave it an IPA wipedown and put on 2 coats of Z2 with Z6 between coats and after the second. Aerospace 303 on all the body cladding and the plastic in the wheelwells. Also some stoners in the wheelwells.

I tried some Sonax Dash Cleaner for the first time, I usually use Einzett Cockpit Premium and love it. First impression is I like the Sonax a lot. Leaves a nice finish and smells great. I don't think I'm ready to abandon the Einzett's yet but I want the try the Sonax again.

Before I do my Tundra I obviously have to attend the Jumbo Jet school of truck photography but here's a few obligatory pics, lousy as they are.
Thanks for Looking

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Great job, looks awesome

·
Registered
384 Posts
Is it normal to have to use 1500 on a brand new vehicle?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Nice work and great list of products. What did you use for a polisher?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Looks good! We also washed & waxed the wife's RAV4 myself last weekend. My Tundra is next!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts