Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your Tundra.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome. This is a good place.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why would you go and do that? My 2003 was my favorite truck ever. Now I have a fat 2006 DC. I'm considering selling it for an AC with cloth seats. this leather blows

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't really want to but after the frame replacement I started hearing a clunking noise from the underside and started it one day and all the lights on the dash lit up and it idled very rough. I had no issues until the frame replacement. I had an appointment to take it back because they didn't align the bed with the cab and the service manager was already giving me excuses why they couldn't fix that issue. I figured I would end up getting costs here and there to fix issues they caused and would rather spend that money on a newer truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
omg! That sucks. Why was the frame replaced? I thought that rust thing was for the Tacomas. Did yours have rust? Ya'll get a lot of salt on the roads in OH? how is the new truck compared? I don't like the high bedline on the new ones... hard to reach over from the ground looks like

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the recall was on the 2000 - 2003 tundras also. They found a hole in the frame during the inspection and said it needed replaced. It didn't look as bad as some of the frames I saw. The new truck took some getting used to, it feels way bigger than the 03. Yea the bed is pretty high but the one I bought had a tonneau cover and a bedrug already installed. So I haven't used the bed much yet, I got it in December. I will most likely use it more when it warms up. I kind of like the cover and the bedrug but I'm not sure I will keep them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts