Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting involved with Tundra because my son has one with a blown head gasket. Hoping to find some information about the project before I get into it. So far this site has been an experience! FWIW, the link for new members at the top of every page doesn't work. Words after / screw it up.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hi, @stormc...I feel your pain.

Assuming you've gotten the obligatory intro post out of the way, (Oh, wait...you said the New Member page isn't working? @Administrator)

I have read some references to head gasket leaks on this forum, and that was probably only a tiny ice crystal on the tip of the "head gasket" iceberg. Use the search feature with "head gasket", and you should get enough to keep you busy reading for awhile.

Welcome, and who knows, maybe this crazy bunch will convince YOU to buy a Tundra and stay on for the fun. ;)

Reactions: MetalMonkey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the good wishes. I am thinking of trying Barsleak. Sometimes it works. That would be nice. Replacing the head gasket on the OHV V6 is not as easy as on the Ford flathead.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
HAHAHALOLOL...Now, there's a good Foxworthy-style joke: "If you use 'Barsleak' and 'Ford flathead' in the same sentence?...Then, you could be OLD AS DIRT!!!" :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist since I'm all too familiar with both terms. ;)

Generally, radiator additives fell into disrepute when they were abused by too many shyster used car dealers trying to sell junkers quick with little investment in repairs. Yes, Barsleak can be effective for a small leak. I think the pressures on a head gasket won't allow it to be successful in this case, but it might be worth a try if your son doesn't plan to keep the truck long. Or, you might be able to fool him for a little while to postpone biting this bullet. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.