Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just trying to educate myself on Tundra's. Looking to purchase by the end of the year. Interested in invoice pricing for all of the accessories and tire combinations. In addition, any tire wheel combination that would allow the truck to sit a little lower for a little easier access? Where is the handhold driver assist bar to help getting into the truck?

Prefer 1794 Model crewmax 4x4, but will likely add stuff to a Tundra SR5 4x4, 5.7, crewmax.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
...Interested in invoice pricing for all of the accessories and tire combinations. In addition, any tire wheel combination that would allow the truck to sit a little lower for a little easier access? Where is the handhold driver assist bar to help getting into the truck?...
To learn available Tundra features and specifications, Toyota.com is where you need to go.

The traditional internet sites for dealer invoice information have morphed away from providing dealer cost and MSRP pricing into dating sites to help match you up with a dealer that wants to sell you the vehicle of your dreams. When I was looking for this information last Spring, the only site I found offering "invoice" pricing was NADA.com. Their numbers are some help, but because of manufacturer "hold back", stated "invoice" prices bear little resemblance to actual dealer cost. They do tell you the MSRP of your selected options and the factory "invoice" price, as well as the lowest and highest prices paid for similarly equipped trucks.

Tire/wheel combinations to allow the truck to "sit a little lower" for easier access?...I bet that must be a first for this forum. I may be wrong, but it appears that Toyota has made that choice for you...18" appears to be smallest and standard equipment. Think about dealer-installed or aftermarket step rails to improve access.

On some brand trucks, you can get the driver side assist handle as an option if it isn't standard on the trim level you're looking at. Not sure the driver side assist handle is even available on Tundras...maybe they are standard on the higher trim levels. I think Toyota expects the driver to use the steering wheel. A driver side assist handle would, in no way, change my mind on buying the more reliable truck.

Welcome to TT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.