Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all, I am not a Tundra owner yet, but will hopefully making my purchase within the next 30-60 days. I am still not sure if I want a 2 or 4 wd and am hoping to get some insight here as I make my final decisions on which truck I am going to purchase...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey Y'all, I am not a Tundra owner yet, but will hopefully making my purchase within the next 30-60 days. I am still not sure if I want a 2 or 4 wd and am hoping to get some insight here as I make my final decisions on which truck I am going to purchase...
Fit the vehicle spec to your most frequent mission requirements.

For example, I once occasionally needed 4WD to ensure that I would remain mobile when I needed/wanted to be, BUT, I haven't used or needed 4WD for over 30 years. I recently bought what I need NOW...SR5 DC 4X2 with standard bed. Buying 4WD for aesthetics (i.e., for looks) or because it's what the cool people are buying is a waste of money; the initial purchase price thousands higher, more moving parts to service and maintain, plus reduced fuel economy. But...if you're planning to take it off-road frequently in all weather conditions, or bad road conditions are common in your area, then 4WD could be justified...only you can answer that question.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with where you live. The only reason I have 4WD is because of snow. Last year we had deep snow on the ground for over 3 months. The roads here were pretty much impassable. I loved my 2WD Tundra 9 months out of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.