Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just signed up on Tundra Talk. I've had my 07 Tundra double cab for 2 years, currently has 140,000 miles, and I'm interested in keeping up with maintenance so it will last forever (another 10 years) hopefully.

I used to do my own extensive mechanic work on other cars (engine rebuilds, trans rebuilds, forced induction maintenance and upgrades) and so I'm up to the challenge of the Tundra. I don't want another money pit, as I use my truck for work purposes and can't afford for it to break. However, i've got my eye on the SC kit. And although my local dealer quoted $10-12K for parts and install, i've seen threads on here discussing prices as low as $4k for parts, and 12 hr install performed by some members on their own.

I'm happy to be in the tundra family!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Hello everyone, I just signed up on Tundra Talk. I've had my 07 Tundra double cab for 2 years, currently has 140,000 miles, and I'm interested in keeping up with maintenance so it will last forever (another 10 years) hopefully.

I used to do my own extensive mechanic work on other cars (engine rebuilds, trans rebuilds, forced induction maintenance and upgrades) and so I'm up to the challenge of the Tundra. I don't want another money pit, as I use my truck for work purposes and can't afford for it to break. However, i've got my eye on the SC kit. And although my local dealer quoted $10-12K for parts and install, i've seen threads on here discussing prices as low as $4k for parts, and 12 hr install performed by some members on their own.

I'm happy to be in the tundra family!
Welcome! The install is not hard and you can usually find a used SC for pretty cheap. Just have to ensure all the parts are there. You can service it before you install. That local dealer is a pretty high and takes the term "stealership" to a new level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts