Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008(SR5 double cab) Tundra last week. As with anything used there are some things to fix and lots to learn.
1) On the rear bumper there is a friction like, plastic or rubber molded peices that snap into the crome or metal part of the bumper. This would be the top part of the bumper that you step on to get into the truck. It looks like their are three peices: a long section that covers most of the bumper top and corner or end peices that snap and join the center section. I'm missing the right end peice.
I havent gone to a dealer yet, and would aprecitate any advice on where I might order this missing bumper part.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your Tundra. If I were in your shoes, I would look at this as my opportunity to get a heavy duty bumper. Toyota bumpers offer hardly any protection at all (they are very thin). If you are serious about getting a Toyota part, you may want to check out salvage yards for the piece you need rather than going to a dealer (they charge top $$).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.