Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings ladies and gents!

My name is Mark, I hail from the great state of Maine, and I am new to the Tundra world.

I've been lurking in the shadows here for a while now, and figured it was time to come forward.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you all for the infinite knowledge you guys share on a daily basis. It has helped guide me in the right direction on my first Tundra purchase.

As of 2 weekends ago, I am the proud owner of a 2016 Tundra CM 4x4 Limited in Blazin' Blue Metallic. So far, I love it, and The only thing I've done to it, is tint the Windows. (Baby steps).

Mods in the future, in no particular order, will be projector headlights, BakFlip tonneau cover, Bilstines and some 34"s.... (I don't believe in the metric system) For now, she'll be driven!

:beerchug:

Thanks again,

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Limp mode?

I need to do some reading before I start a new thread, so I figured I'd just dump this here for now...

I've been out of the country on vacation for the last week and a half, so the trucks been pahhked in the yahd. I left it with about a quarter tank of fuel in it...

Upon return, I fired it up and all was happy. Made a 4 minute drive for a coffee, few quick on/off - 5 mile drives around town. Still all good. Took it though the touch less cahh wash, and to the inlaws house about 16 miles away. Still plenty of fuel in it, 67 miles to empty on the meter in the dash.

After Leaving the inlaws house, truck made it about a mile down the road (35 mph zone - so normal driving conditions) then the traction control light started blinking at me and the engine virtually took the throttle control away from me. It downshifted and just held steady at 25mph with the light blinking at me. No odd sounds, no jerking, truck felt fine... Luckily there was a gas station about a mile away, so I pulled in and shut her down. Filled it with super, (only took 25 gallons to fill, and I have the 38 gallon tank) and fired back up. No light anymore, and the truck is running fine... Took it another 15 miles back home and it's all good....

Any ideas? Crap in the gas that had been sitting for a week? Water? I'm new to the Yotas so I don't know how the truck reacts to certain conditions but I found it perplexing, since it's only got 1,400 miles on it!!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts