Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting a new Tundra. Only problem is, I do a lot of hunting and really need the running lights to turn off. This is the only thing holding me back from buying a new truck right now. Any advice on how to turn them off? the dealership says there is no way. I wonder if I could take a fuse out maybe? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I thought there was a DIY on how to disconnect one wire i=in the plug for the bulb but I can't get it to pull up in the search function. But I did pull this from a similar thread.

The simplest solution is to replace the flasher:
Non-DRL part # 81980-0C020
DRL part is # 81980-0C010

Here's one too but the pictures are gone that go with his write up about the removal.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/70661-drl-delete-wanna-see.html

·
Registered
583 Posts
Fuse out, bulbs out, and there might be some mods out there. just curious... two small amber lights are gonna do "more damage" than a 5.7 V8 rolling up? I hunt a lot- never had an issue- though I don't park close to my deer stands, and the birds don't seem to mind :D

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I know there is a mod to disable. It didn't interest me so I drove on by but if I recall it was a matter of snipping I think small grey wire, leaving turn signals etc functioning. I'm sure you could even wire a toggle to it for on/off capability inside the cab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.