Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I'm an '07 Tundra DC 4X4 with a 4.7 owner since February of this year. I haven't owned a Toyota since about 2002 which was a '92 Camry.
I bought the Tundra since I wasn't impressed with anything else I could find of the same era. Sorry to say I'm not too particularly impressed with this truck either after owning it. It's been dependable so far which is why I got it. The thing that got me was finding rust in the bed under the bed liner. I found out it's typical but I didn't know to check for it. I didn't really expect any kind of rust in a PNW vehicle this new. I don't think the previous owner knew about it. They were older people who had bought it a few years ago and were selling it only because they weren't going to be able to tow the travel trailer they were looking to get. It's in decent condition otherwise with 139K miles on it now. It had full service records plus a recent frame inspection that passed which sold me on the truck. The first thing I did while owning it was to change to the timing belt and water pump plus incidentals. I did it myself and it wasn't too terribly difficult. It was just time consuming since I'd never worked on this particular type of truck.
I've learned a lot about these Tundras since owning it. Hopefully I don't learn anything else the hard way.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome from So Cal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts