Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm not a tundra owner yet, but about to get a new crewmax before the end of this month (April) because I need a work truck and my current Nissan Armada just doesn't cut it. I need a truck for plywood and drywall sheets, not to mention a truck for my construction company image!

I've done a ton of homework and because let's just say American cars and me don't agree with each other (how much damn money just am I supposed to pay for new transmissions? Heh? - and why do both Ford and Chevy insist on making POS transmissions? Geez!) Well, now, it's Tundra time.

I'm going to buy a Crewmax SR5 with the upgrage/tow package and will turn it into something like the attached pic. I added the company logo in photoshop to see what it will look like. My issue is I'm trying to figure on wheels. I know everyone has the black wheel thing going , but I somewhat prefer some chrome on the wheels. Ballistic? Moto? I'm leaning toward the 18" with the 295/70 tires. But will that be a problem with a 2.5" level? or does it have to be 3? If 3, then do I need to add the 1" in the back?

Also, I wish somehow I could make a Thule 480 rack work with a tonneau, but apparently I need a TracRac for that and will use a CargoGlide in the bed.

This pic obviously has 20" XD's, but I think too black?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Welcome man, and just in case you didn't know the new 2014 model should be here in the next couple of months. I wouldn't upgrade my current Tundra to one, but if I didn't have one at all, I'd be all over it. You may already know this, just want to make sure you knew.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2014 tundra

I saw a pic of the new ones and the front is kinda weird. It looks like they are trying to copy the Ford truck's big front grille. The HB dealer here is quoting me $29k for my new truck which I think is because of the new 2014's coming out. That $29k figures in the $3k discount. It's a crewmax, upgrade/tow packages and black interior with the auto back window. I think that's a pretty good deal based on my homeowork. I guess before I actually get it I'll look more into the 2014s to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Thanks for the head's up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts