Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I have a 2008 tundra SR5 (4.7). (The best truck I've had). :)

I was looking over some posts regarding towing, but didn't quite understand or find an answer. Hopefully someone can help me.

I pull an 8000lb travel trailer. When I'm getting on the expressway, and doing about 50 mph the tranny seems to stick, and has a very hard time shifting into the last gear.I've read the manual, but my truck doesn't have a haul/tow switch.

When I switch to "S" should I down shift to 3? I think the problem is the over drive, but I'm not sure which gear or how to take the OD off.

I would really appreciate any help. I'd like to keep the truck running for many more years.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, maybe the throttle position to speed is what's stopping flit from going into the next gear. Not sure how many speeds a 4.7L transmission has?? But at 50 you'll want to make sure that it doesn't go to the last gear. So in sport shift mode keep it on the second from the last gear.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome and congrats. I wonder if your truck has the tow package since the tow/haul button is missing.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts