Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:DHi all,
I was a member of Titantalk since 2012, and have now happily become a Toyota guy again with the purchase of my 2017 Tundra Limited extended cab in Arctic White. I take delivery of her tomorrow morning, and I can't say How happy and relieved I am to finally own a Toyota again!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome! Post some pictures when you get her home.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Time to come play with the big boys.
Welcome.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Just drove her home today, and she feels like a Cadillac compared to my Titan, which was more like a rat rod. My wife absolutely loves it, she was never comfortable on long drives in the Titan.
Not sure how to post pics in the forum since Photobucket went all weird.....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome! I too am an ex-Titan owner. I was part of titantalk also (2006). It was faithful for 10 years but I secretly wanted a Tundra the whole time. No regrets though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! I too am an ex-Titan owner. I was part of titantalk also (2006). It was faithful for 10 years but I secretly wanted a Tundra the whole time. No regrets though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
For the most part my Titan was ok...I just felt it was a ticking time bomb, as the problems I saw on Titantalk were starting to happen to my truck. Plus, it was a lease return from Calgary, and I'm sure it was used in the oil fields as it seemed to be "over used" for the relatively low kilometres when I bought it. (49,000km). The shocks were pancaked, the tires were completely useless, the front pinion seal was leaking, etc. When I traded it in, the steering box was making a lot of noise, and the wheel itself was hard to turn at a stop. ( pretty sure the rack and piñon was toast).
Driving my Tundra is no comparison. So quiet and refined. A beautiful truck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a titan too. I loved it, had a 6 inch lift and was a good truck until I cracked my second set of manifolds.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
That's what so frustrating about the Titan. Instead of developing a better designed manifold, Nissan just keeps using the same flawed design that will eventually fail again. Great motor and tranny, the rest of the truck is crap....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That's what so frustrating about the Titan. Instead of developing a better designed manifold, Nissan just keeps using the same flawed design that will eventually fail again. Great motor and tranny, the rest of the truck is crap....
Nissan has had a corporate culture that has allowed this ^^^ for a VERY LONG time.

Had a high school friend, who when we graduated, went on his own and bought a Datsun (Nissan now) truck. Took it home. His Dad took one look at it and got in it with him and had him drive him (Dad) and the Datsun truck back to dealer. Made the dealer cancel the purchase. Walked my buddy over to the Toyota dealership and helped him buy a Toyota. Said there was no way his kid was going to have a Datsun and all the problems that would come with it (Dad knowing he'd be involved with all the bullshit problems). THIS WAS SUMMER OF 1980.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree 100%. Here's my old truck. God knows where it is right now.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.