Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just joined the forum, as I'm looking to upsize from my 2010 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Sport. I'm looking at the 13 Tundra DC Off Road, as the price is right with the 14s coming.

A slight lift is a MUST if I do this. I have the tsb rear and 1.75 5100s on my Taco. I'm just here to get thoughts from members on the option of a cheaper 13 over the new 14 (which looks bad ass). And also some thoughts of others who've come from the Taco to the Tundra.

Any input on these issues would be greatly appreciated! It's a very difficult decision, as I love my Taco. I just feel I need the extra room (I'm 6'5, the wife is 6'0, and we're looking to try for kids soon).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to TT :)
Thanks! I'm impressed with your mpg so far. That's what I'm getting with my taco. Are you really babying that thing? Are you mostly highway mileage? I'd prefer the RW to the off road, but want to stay around the same mpgs as my taco. I figured the 4.6 would be best for that and I can't find a RW with that engine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks! I'm impressed with your mpg so far. That's what I'm getting with my taco. Are you really babying that thing? Are you mostly highway mileage? I'd prefer the RW to the off road, but want to stay around the same mpgs as my taco. I figured the 4.6 would be best for that and I can't find a RW with that engine.
My manager drives a crew max 5.7 and get around 17-18 combined. he does baby the throttle, but that is great gas mileage for the monster motor. My 4.6 gets great gas mileage, around 18-19 combined. I almost purchased a Tacoma because of price and gas mileage, but I like the power of the Tundra and price was almost the same with the amount of rebates on 2013s now

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went from a 2010 Tacoma to a 2013 Tundra.
I am loving the extra room, the leg room in the back is great, my oldest son is 6 foot and still growing and he is super happy with all the room.

It drives smoother than the Tacoma and tows like a dream. Dont get me wrong, I thought I loved my Tacoma, until I owned my Tundra, now I know what real love is. LOL

Personaly im not lovin the look of the 2014...but that's just my own personal tastes.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Welcome to TT. I have never owned a Taco but i have a couple of friends that have made the move and have never been happier. As far as the 13' or 14', I say go with the 13' and take advantage of the deals. I personally do not like the exterior of the 14' at all because it looks like they mixed a Ford, Chevy, and Dodge together. Love the interior though. Just my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts