Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a Magnaflow cat-back single side exit exhaust on my 2013 Crewmax. Great sound when you put your foot into it, but no annoying drone when just cruising. Very easy to install (about 1.5 hrs by myself with just a floor jack and basic tools) and looks fantatstic.

It is an economical system and seems to provide exactly what I was looking for. I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I had a dual rear exit system that had the same problem, besides the horrendous fit, routing the tailpipes between the spring and frame, clank clank.

The drone can be eliminated by making yourself a Helmholtz resonator. This is simply a 26" long piece of exhaust tube attached to the tailpipe in a "T". This added tube is capped off on the end opposite the T. Locate the T attachment about half way between the muffler and the outlet tip. It will cancel the drone as though a switch was turned off. :lol5:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, new Tundra owner here and after talking to some I was recommended the CORSA exhaust system with great sound and very little drone. any advise?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello, new Tundra owner here and after talking to some I was recommended the CORSA exhaust system with great sound and very little drone. any advise?
BAM muffler, there is a thread about these exhaust!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
If anybody is looking for an exhaust, look no more check out the BAmuffler brought to by dirtydeeds industries!!!!! U get an all in one package with these systems, no low end torque loss, no drone and best of all u will have the best sounding tundra in a 5 mile radius!!!!! So y r u waiting call today n order yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
:DI have the bolts on my Corsa Exhaust "soaking" in Liquid-Wrench as I'm reading these posts:pHopefully I can get my old broken-down ass under the truck and get this done.:eek:I'm expecting my 10" BA System this week:eek:Doin' my best to spread the word about Keith and his 'Dirtydeeds'!;)

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Tundra LTD
463 Posts
BAmuffler from dirtydeeds industries. That is all you need to know./

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had the corsa exhaust on my 2010 4wheel drive I actually gained an extra 1 mile per gallon with my driving habits and I would buy it again I miss it. It was a clean sounding mean growl with no drone what so ever it was more quite than the stock exhaust while cruising until you put your foot in it

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had my 8" BAmuffler system now for a little over a month and I can't say enough!!!! I've had many different driving experiences since installing the system from short trips (half hour or so), long trips (over an hour and a half), to towing an 8,000 lb trailer. Like many have said, no low end loss at all! In fact, I feel as though I gained low end torque! Just this past Thursday, my little man and I took a 2.5 hour trip (one way unfortunately) to my parents and not one bit of drone the whole time on the highway. It was actually the first time my dad heard it (he has duals on his Silverado) and he couldn't believe how good it sounded. Can't go wrong with Keith's systems and his awesome customer service! Don't spite yourself and go with something you won't be happy with! Read the BAmuffler these and see what people are saying! I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions PM and I'll be sure to give you an honest unbiased(somehat) opinion!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Here is Magnaflow dual in single out with RBP tip..

And here is my new economical system that wasn't off the shelve or should i say handmade :D

Can you tell the differences? The magnaflow sounds good at low RPM but if you jump on on the gas it sounds like someone putting a plastic bag over the tip while the new muffler retain the same deep sound.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Ditydeeds needs to start paying commission. Seriously thought, BAMuffler has impressed me. Hadda magnaflow on my last truck. It sounded pretty good, but was just loud for no reason. Lost low end and a mpg or 2. I have had my truck for 4 years now and done much research. With all the reviews being the same and ingesting everything dirtydeeds has post, I said wtf, it is just money and order his shit. Money well spent. Actually gained a little power. As far as mpg, well...dont really know if it is better...cause liek everyone else...this exhaust sings to me. dirtydeeds...you know where to send my commission check to.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Here's a short video I made of the before and after installation of a 8" bolt on system.

The Youtube video will not play sound on portable devices so use the second Photobucket link if that is all you have. Sorry, that's how Youtube rolls when you use copywrited music hehehehe.

Dirty Deeds Industries 8" BAmuffler Tundra Before & After Video by RobPettis | Photobucket

Maybe this can help you decide what you want.

That popping you hear went away after a tank of gas. The ECM had to adust, no big deal.

Keith is great, the exhaust is great. End of story.

Rob

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 20 of 22 Posts