Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting typical MAF codes, tried cleaning and it would work for a while but eventually I would have low throttle performance issues, idle issues, the usual. Ordered a new MAF from Rockauto but while waiting for the new MAF I decided to clean the connector pins. It worked, truck is behaving well. New MAF shows up I thought I would install it, I did, truck won’t run. No, it is not installed upside down. Any ideas? I’m thinking the ECU needs reflashing. It runs good with the old MAF back in. Part numbers are identical. This is the second MAF newly installed that this has happened with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, when I installed the new MAF I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, which had no effect. So I disconnected the battery and left it disconnected all night. Started up, ran okay, obviously some ECU learning took place but after about 20 minutes and some driving around it seems to be working good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another update. Still popping codes. P0101, 0174, 0175. Toyota tech guy says it’s probably a fuel pump issue, in 20 years he has only seen two bad Toyota MAFs

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am far from a mechanic but I had the same codes and the dealership replaced the air induction system pumps. It was under an extended warranty due to problems and I was certainly happy because I researched it and it was costly and time consuming. I remember seeing online a possible problem with a relay in the fuel pump. But if I can remember if it was the fuel pump the truck run at all. I have a 2010 with no modifications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts