Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
4” lift is on the way but how I’m too scared to install it . I’m hearing nigtmares about TSS trouble after the lift. Who has had this problem?
I did a 3/1 level on mine and TSS seems to be working just fine. Unless you use the adaptive cruise or lane departure all the time lift it and be happy!! I would take the look over TSS any day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol excuse the typos. I never use either. While researching I kept reading people having all kind of TSS trouble and dealers not being able to fix it. Just kinda curious if anyone has been through this

·
Administrator
5,324 Posts
I could do it in my driveway in 10hrs. A shop with a lift and all the special tools could do it much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are obviously tacking on the “we don’t want to do it” and the “we don’t want to be responsible for it” taxes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I’m honestly just thinking about doing it myself. I was just thinking “dealer” to keep warranty. I just had a lengthy conversation with rough country and they said these kits are designed to not have any sensor resets or adjustments. Possibly BS..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put the RC 6" on my 2016 but I kept the same rake instead of "Leveled" no sensor issues at all and no nanny buzzer and lights when corning and sharp curves.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Called another shop today ( highly recommended), 4 hrs to install at $90/hr. Not bad but they want $180 for alignment. And they don’t use a computer. Tape measures, levels and such. Wth

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Called another shop today ( highly recommended), 4 hrs to install at $90/hr. Not bad but they want $180 for alignment. And they don’t use a computer. Tape measures, levels and such. Wth
That will probably be the best alignment you will ever get.

Reactions: Les_Paul

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

I use an old school place around here I have had much better luck with them than the new shops with the fancy equipment. They have people who actually know what they were doing. I worked at sears auto in college and did alignments got it in the green. The machine told you exactly what to do. I’m sure I did some pretty crappy alignments.

They are much more reasonable though around 70 for 2 wheel or 120 for 4 wheel. Something like that.

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
I use an old school place around here I have had much better luck with them than the new shops with the fancy equipment. They have people who actually know what they were doing. I worked at sears auto in college and did alignments got it in the green. The machine told you exactly what to do. I’m sure I did some pretty crappy alignments.

They are much more reasonable though around 70 for 2 wheel or 120 for 4 wheel. Something like that.

LOL!!! Green and red are colors not degrees or angles!!! $180 may be a little high but it also may depend on what kind of warranty they put behind it as well.

Reactions: mrmachinist

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had mine done by a local shop with a $150,000 machine total wack, asked for my money back because the tires weren't even close.Then drove over to the old school guy with a tape measure who took 2 hours to do it up and down the lift 3 times and he drove it 3 times before he said done. The 1st shop did it in 15 mins. Truck drives like a dream now. I learned my lesson, it's not the guy with the best tools, it's the one that knows how to use the tools he was given.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.