Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finally become a convert from my 1gen 2005 AC to a 2016 DC. I was in a collision caused by another driver and my baby didn't make it out of the insurance game. Even though the front was smashed to hell, she still started right up, but repair costs were too high and I didn't have time to fix this one on my own again. Sad day for sure.

My previous Tundra was a 2005 AC, some of you may know it from Tundrasolutions, it's the blue one in the banner on the top right. One owner truck, had it since birth in Indiana. She only had 89k on the clock and I had just DIY'd the timing belt a month before the accident. :(

New Tundra is a black 2016 DC 5.7L TRD 4.30 and stock everything with very ugly little tires. Looking to go 35 TOYO R/T tires 285/75/18, but undecided on the lift right now. Need to chat with Keith Carty for ideas. Looking forward to asking redundant questions and receiving similar answers! :D So far I love the truck's cabin and layout. Can't wait to tweak everything.
:woot:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh man... All these new truck introductions are killin me!
So Jealous

Im the original owner of an '04 CM Limited with 210,000 miles on it. Still running great, and I put some 5100's on it recently (why the #&$%@ did I wait so long?) Still though, I've been saving up for over a year for a new Cement CM and I think I'm in the home stretch depending on year end bonus this year. CANT WAIT!!!

Always love hearing impressions from 1st Gen owners who upgrade...

As far as the susp, do NOT do spacers etc. If you are gonna lift it at all, do it w/ shocks.

Cheapest option: 5100 Bilsteins
Better, but still relatively cheap: 6112 Bil's up front and 5160's in back (and maybe a +1 shackle)
Great option: New UCA in front and Add-a-Leaf in back with Fox/King/Icon/ADS on all 4 corners
REALLY GREAT option: Fox/King/Icon/ADS with new UCA in front and new leaf pack in back with some Bypass shocks
BEST (w/o going long travel): Fox/King/Icon/ADS Coilover and a Bypass shock with new UCA in front and new leaf pack in back with some Bypass shocks

I'm going with the "really great" option when I get my new Tundie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.