Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know all you pros get tired of these questions but i havent figured out how to look through the site very well yet.

Here is my questions. Hope y'all can help. What is the different between a lift kit and a leveling kit? Which is better. What is a good site to get one.

Just some basic info or a link some where that explain it in more detail would be great. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
172 Posts
As far as basic information goes, this website is a great read concerning suspension basics that applies to basically any platform:

Toyota Tacoma Lift Kits ~ How To Lift A Truck : TacomaHQ

As stated in that website, there is no such thing as a 'best' kit for everyone. The best kit for you is going to be the one that fits in your budget and has the least amount of negative aspects that you are willing to live with.

Reactions: Tundra Monkey

·
Registered
75 Posts
mine is to tall as it is...i would like to lower mine...welcome to the forum....good info. and people here...great trucks to.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What lift you got tex? I wanna go bigger. Swap meet? :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
mine is stock from toyota, it just came tall...
Haha. When I had an accident a few months ago, the body shop owner where my truck was taken to was surprised when I told him that mine was stock. He said that he was so sure I had some sort of lift on. Tundra does sit pretty high.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
mine is stock from toyota, it just came tall...
BuhahHaha. Priceless. Maybe the back end sits high. But I was never happy with the stock front end. Looked like a jackrabbit. Heck even with my leveling kit I think the front still needs to go up an inch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I am also interested in leveling/lift kits. I am still trying to learn as much as I can about lift/leveling kits. If I were to get a lift kit today, I would get the OME kit with 614 coils with full leaf pack. I will probably have to buy a set of UCA's.

I am not at the buying stage yet. I need to read some more. Maybe tomorrow, I will change my mind. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts