Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
129k on my 07 Tundra SR% DC 4x4. I'll post some disturbing before pics :)

I have beat the snot out of this truck for 11 years. The bed has a lot of dents, dings, creases, scars etc from farm work.

So I've decided to restore it to glory after looking at new 3/4 ton truck prices, and almost passing out! I will post pics and progress reports.

My first plans include taking off the bed and installing a custom made 7' aluminum flatbed for it from T&G Mountaineer.

Also this week- complete 120K mile service, transmission service, new brakes and a frame inspection from Toyota dealership. 07s are part of a class action settlement, and if deemed unfit, my frame will be eligible for replacement or repair. Will know tomorrow - and then decide on undercoating.

Then the truck will receive either a Bilstein 6112/5160 level kit OR an ARB OME full kit with new springs - 2.5 to 3 inch lift probably.
New exhaust- looking
New front steel bumper with winch kit
New wheels and tires
New Clazzio seat covers and inside detailing
Bully dog tuner and long tubes, air intake
And a freshly painted cab.

Im budgeting 10K to pull this off - so should be a challenge. I'll try to do some of this myself to save a few bucks. Stay tuned! I'll probably stick this over in the Builds area here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was looking at both the 6112/5160 combo and the OME kit. I ended up going with the 6112/5160 combo based off everything I've read on the forum. Add some coachbuilder shackles and you'll be golden. Also look into an exhaust from dirtydeeds industries. I have the dual trd exhaust from Keith and it's absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up! I will give Keith a call. I also need to add a leaf spring or something to increase payload and essentially make this a 3/4 ton. i haul a lot of feed for the farm. Thats the reason I was looking at the OME kit. But I probably can add that with the 6112s too I guess.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am also in the process of a resto-build on an '07 farm work truck.
This one was retired with 270K miles of severe service... it rarely saw pavement.
What do the rear springs on your '07 look like? I've attached a picture of mine.

I'm following your post, and I'm particularly interested in the flat-bed mod.
The bed on mine fits the description of yours ... a short stake bed might look good on mine.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.