Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2007 limited DC with the JBL upgraded system. I am installing a new headunit and getting a new amp and subs. My question is the stock wiring harness doesnt fit the JBL upgraded wiring. I bought the headunit from another member on this site. I know that to use the JBL amp and sub you have to get a bypass but since I am getting rid of those and only want to use the speakers then want to i need to buy? I'm still looking for subs too, so if anyone has a pair of tens that what to let go I'd purchase them, really liking the sundown audio 10's. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You still need the jbl interface harness. But to avoid having the factory sub playing with the aftermarket sub you should disconnect the jbl sub at the amp, you still need that harness because the rest of the speakers in the system are also amplified, also if you haven't purchased a steering wheel interface yet I highly recommend getting the Idatalink maestro swc, the others are good but it is far better. The only reason I keep the metra and PAC swc interfaces in stock anymore is to use on cars that it doesn't work with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks. but im wanting to get rid of my Stock JBL Amp and sub completely for aftermarket amp and subs so could i just power the speakers off of the headunit. The headunit is a pionner Avic- z1

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So add a new amp to run the new subs and then just keep the stock JBL amp to run the JBL speakers and remove the JBL sub is that what would sound the best?

·
Registered
452 Posts
yep thats what i did got a new deck and a sep amp and subwoofer kept the stock speakers for now they sound ok at best got the interface off crutchfield

1 - 9 of 9 Posts