Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my chrome door handles on, Thanks again Hurley!

Before and after pics:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Looks good, man. I have tinted windows and decided not to get chrome mirror cap. Black mirror blends in with the tint and I like that stealth look.

Attachments

Reactions: chode

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Thanks.

I am not mechanically inclined, but changing out door handles was very easy. Once the main screw is out, the handle just slides out (I think it goes backward and then outward). The driver side is slightly more difficult. I would change out the other ones first. By the time you get to the driver's side, you will find it easy. Have fun.

· Registered
8,147 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
handles .. mirror caps...

So u dont have to take the inside of the door apart to get to the handles? Does anyone have a step by step how to do it? I ordered white as well and should be here this week along with white mirror caps.. i dont want to break any clips or anything tryin get the plastic door cover off from inside and was thinking about taking it to toyota dealer to have them install it all..

· Premium Member
40,740 Posts
So u dont have to take the inside of the door apart to get to the handles? Does anyone have a step by step how to do it? I ordered white as well and should be here this week along with white mirror caps.. i dont want to break any clips or anything tryin get the plastic door cover off from inside and was thinking about taking it to toyota dealer to have them install it all..
This is a FJ vid but the Tundra is the same

· Premium Member
11,842 Posts
you can skip the pry out part for the lock. you can do that with your hand instead. Another tip is to wrap your screwdriver with electrical tape to cut back on the scratching.

This is one of the easiest mods to do. After you do it, you'll LOL at your post above.

Go do it!

· Registered
25 Posts
handles

Got my new door handles.. Driver side and the back 2 doors went on easy as can be.. Pasgr side cant get the torx bolt to screw into the cap.. Must not be lining up right.. Any suggestions why its doing this???

· Registered
25 Posts
handles

well found out what the problem was.. the 2 black plastic clips wasnt snapped onto the door.. pulled the bracket that the torx screw goes into out with my finger and the 2 lil snaps finally snapped onto the door.. screw went right in finally..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.