Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first car was a 1979 Toyota Corona when I was a kid "hand-me-down". Had a 1985 Honda CRX, then bought 1964 Oldsmobile F 85 and stuck with the American brands since.

First vehicle I financed was a scsb 97 F150, fun little truck with a manual trans and a V-6 which failed me at about 78,000 miles, as soon as it was fixed by the dealer under warranty I sold it.

Financed 2002 Ram manual trans SCSB and a V-8 this time. Great truck never had a problem with it, still running to this day. Headers, intake, exhaust, throttlebody, 411 gears, posi, small sound system with subwoofers behind the seats, matching bed cap. Decided I needed more room anticipating a family someday. Gave it to my mother.

Moved into a 2006 trailblazer super sport. That was a really fun ride! Until I started noticing metal shavings in the oil. The notorious lower bearing issues. Traded it in while it was still worth something. That's what brought me to where I am today. My friends wanted me to get a Ford eco-boost but I really wasn't that into it. Wanted a new Dodge ram but was not impressed with the shifter on the dashboard. It looks like knob for your air-conditioning . And it has no other forward option other than D. F that. So I humored my Japanese fiancé and checked out the Toyotas against my better judgment. Walked onto my local lot and they had 2 tundras left both white, which I didn't think I was a fan of. One a crew Max SR5 TRD 4 x 4 and one a double cab SR5 TRD 4 x 4. I like the six-foot bed at least so that's the one I test drove.

7 miles on it, instantly fell in love. The white even did it for me on this particular model. Checked out some used ones online and found that they were retaining their resale value very well. I decided for me it was a better bet to just get a brand-new one. First brand-new vehicle of my life. And the price was better than the others I looked at. I really think this truck is the best buy for your money. I've owned it now since March 1. Been checking out some forums and felt this one was the best to join.

Sorry for the long intro figured I could lay it out on the table now so if anyone wants to know anything about me there ya go.

Cheers friends!

PS that 79 Toyota Corona was the most reliable car I've ever known. My mother bought it when I was born and it had over 200,000 miles on it when I got it. I used to be embarrassed to drive it around with all my friends driving muscle cars, but come to find out on my friends preferred to ride with me because of how comfortable and reliable the car was. Many trips to Havasu without missing a beat.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great decision on getting the Tundra! Any plans in mind on modifications or just gonna enjoy it as is for right now?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great decision on getting the Tundra! Any plans in mind on modifications or just gonna enjoy it as is for right now?
So far I have tinted the windows, weather tech floor mats and took out the charcoal filter LOL. I would love to lift it, put some sliders on it and either black out the front grill or get the tundra pro grill. But at the same time I really like it the way it is more practical. I would still like the grill but I want to focus on the important stuff. A bedliner and cargo rails will be next. Then I want a color matched bed cap and carpet kit for on the fly overnight excursions. Then when these tires wear out some BFGoodrich KOs. Also would love a supercharger Ha ha ha. Oh and exhaust is going to come.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow! We basically have the same idea on mods hahahaha. First thing I did when I got mine was HID the High's, Low's and fogs. In my opinion the stock lights are crap so it makes a huge difference. Then I tinted the windows, threw in husky liners, line-x the bed and just recently got a BAMuffler system from Dirtydeeds.
Everything else you've listed is also on my list haha.

Definitely get in touch with CoachBuilder about lifting the truck and Keith (DirtyDeeds) if you wanna get King shocks or an exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts