Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new '12 RW crew max. Great truck! Wish it was better than 10-11mpg.

Been driving Rovers for the last 15 years, but needed at least 1 vehicle I can rely on. Traded in one of the rovers for my new tundra.

Just to clarify, my rovers aren't for the mall or soccer field. Lifted, locked and lookin for rocks.

Now I can say my rover will always make it home (even if it's behind the tundra on a trailer)!

Trailered it last year with my buddy's '11 tundra to Colorado. Even at 90mph, the tundra never acted like it had 6k lbs (not including trailer) behind it. If you've ever driven through Kansas, you understand why we were eager to hit the CO state line.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Your gas mileage should be better than that tho. Mine is 11mpg and I have a 6" lift with 35s

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Once you control the throttle and tame it you'll get 15-19 mpg, I rairly see less then 16mpg unless I am goofing off jumping on the gas.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan and dikkie

·
"The Closer"
10,387 Posts
welcome aboard from the netherlands..!!

and congrats on the new truck, of course..!! :yesnod:

:nopics:

:D dikkie :D

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Welcome aboard from the four corners

Reactions: dikkie

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and congrats. Once you control the throttle and tame it you'll get 15-19 mpg, I rairly see less then 16mpg unless I am goofing off jumping on the gas.
That would be great.

The "go" pedal is definitely touchy! May see if there's a way to stiffen up the trigger a bit.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome to tt! post of some photos of the new tundra and rover. im sure everyone is waiting to see that.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
That would be great.

The "go" pedal is definitely touchy! May see if there's a way to stiffen up the trigger a bit.
It takes some getting used to, so I wouldn't do anything to it. Eventually you'll get the feel for her and know exactly how hard you can push. :D

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
welcome to tt! post of some photos of the new tundra and rover. im sure everyone is waiting to see that.
Don't have a good shot of the RW.....yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
newer rovers have a push button 4x4. Jeep guys laugh at it, i think its cool....welcome
Yeah, not a fan of the newer models as "off road" vehicles.

My '95 has push buttons.... For the ARB lockers and winch controls.:D Not exactly factory options.

·
"Seahawks Hater"
4,147 Posts
my buddy has an older land cruiser (boxed one) he put detroit air lockers, that thing can almost climb a straight wall.

Rover made the right business move, those go for atleast 60k compared to the jeeps 15k - 25k

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my buddy has an older land cruiser (boxed one) he put detroit air lockers, that thing can almost climb a straight wall.

Rover made the right business move, those go for atleast 60k compared to the jeeps 15k - 25k
The old Toyota Land Cruisers are very cool (70's FJ's)

The older Land Rover's; Discovery, Defender & Range Rover (my white truck in the pic) were built for off road.

Not much is anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts